LG Cosmos Touch
42adjuster

I just got this new phone and although I got the daily scoop taken care of, I still get the browse and download menu on my phone each morning without asking for it. The first time I check my phone it is up. I click to get ride of it and lock the phone. When I unlock the phone again, it is back. After the second time, it is gone for the day. Each day I start out the same way. I have tried to work with Verizon  to no avail. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello 42adjuster! I'm sorry to say that this is a known issue, even with the troubleshooting steps you have already taken. I've got to ask for some more patience while we sort this out with the manufacturer. We'll keep you posted on when the fix is available. Thanks so much!

0 Likes
toolman150

That's funny, considering that every verizon employee I have talked to about this problem has never heard of it before.  I am tired of contacting verizon and having to deal with the store reps.  The phone needs to be pulled and replacements need to be given to us!

0 Likes
simplicynty

Hi,

I have the same issue and just want to confirm that I'm not going to be charged for data when the browse and download screen pops up on its own. Everytime that screen pops up, I see the icon with the phone and the arrows of trying to connect. That and how would we know when this problem is fixed?  Thanks!

0 Likes
NotLGPhan

I am having the same issues with this Lg Crap-mos Touch.  On my second phone now after cust srvc said that the new one would fix the "browse and download screen" issue.  Mine happens multiple times during the day along with randomly lighting up and shutting off.  Have called customer service twice and gone to a store to have the software "flashed" (whatever that means, I think the guy just pretended to do stuff and handed it back to me saying, try that.)  When I open my phone I should not have to go to my home screen it should be there, that's why it's called "Home."  I did get some random data charge because it went to Bing somehow on it's own, but that seems to have stopped and I disabled all data usage.  How could LG and Verizon messed up so badly on this phone.

Anyone know of when a fix will be ready?  We should be able to get a different replacement phone if this is not fixed soon.

0 Likes
surf2
Enthusiast - Level 3

<post deleted per the TOS>

'"Bombing" the Verizon Community or individual threads with repetitive or meaningless postings, postings unrelated to the purpose of the Verizon Community, excessive cross-posting;'

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes