Re: LG Cosmos Touch screen problems
mgsbigboss

Hello my phone touch screen is also not working. i cannot see anything. Do I have a warranty that I can get this fixed with.. I believe that I bought this ALMOST a year ago but i should have some time left.

0 Likes
MELVILLE

June 18th, 2012, 11:15 am PST.

Phone and screen were working fine 4 hours ago. Spontaneous corruption of screen image sometime this morning. Tried all of the suggestions, including re-setting the factory defaults using the step by step directions from Verizon tech support. Nothing changed, and the phone is sort of working (connection, voice, etc.), but the display problem renders it unusable. Nothing happened to the phone as it sat on my desk for 4 hours this morning. I believe that I have probably crossed the 1 year mark with this phone. So the manufacturer's warranty wouldn't apply, although from reading other posts here, it probably doesn't matter anyway. I have so little trust in Verizon (and the other wireless carriers) that I can only assume that Verizon either a) knew there was a problem at the outset, and continued to sell these phones or b) they deliberately created a flaw that would create a necessity for a new phone...thereby either making money from selling new hardware and/or getting customers on the phone or into a store to up-sell them; or at the least getting them to initiate a new contract in order to get a "free" phone. Hate to be so cynical, but with a multi-billion dollar corporation that has the vast resources of Verizon, how could this happen? Negligence and incompetence are possibilities, but the probability is higher that somewhere there is willful creation or exploitation of this problem. Hope I'm wrong; but I doubt it.

0 Likes
brokephonesayswhat

this phone is straight out awful. the amount of money they've made off of something that doesn't even work is ridiculous.

0 Likes
radiomandan

I have done the same as every one else here....and cannot touch screen to make calls... receive texts...nothing. I can with keyboard out. I did not get an extended plan and phone is less then a year old. Now what???????

0 Likes
billcoe

My phone is doing the same thing--the Cosmos NoTouch.  This phone is clearly a lemon and should warrant a complete replacement.

0 Likes
Uggie
Enthusiast - Level 1

My LG Cosmos was sitting on my desk.  sent out a text as i was receiving a text, my screen locked and is no longer functioning.  I need my texts..  how can i access them without my touch screen?  Anyone on to help?

tkk

Hilarious!  Sure..... I just follow these step-by-step reset instructions by "touching" settings/phone settings.  How does one do this when the touch screen function is completely dead on this awful device????!!!!  Have figured out most functions from the keypad, but just today my text messages are full and have no way to delete them so as to receive or send new ones.  Just great since in a contract with this horrible wireless service for one more month....

0 Likes
farrptc

I have similar problem on 2 month old work phone. Not touchscreen but the screen is black. I can answer phone but don't know who is calling. Can dial out if real careful about the number. Cannot text because screen is blank.. And can't tell if call was missed or if there is a message.  Took the battery out with no luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Radiomandan, I'm sorry to hear about your phone! It sounds like it's time to replace your device. Since the phone is less than a year old, you're eligible for a free warrant replacement. Contact customer service at 800-922-0204.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
napeland

This is a terrible phone and I have had the same issue with the one I bought in store and now the replacement. Touch screen resets are hard to do when the touch screen does not work!

0 Likes