Re: LG Cosmos Touch screen problems
gls
Enthusiast - Level 3

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Thank you everyone for your responses. This is a hardware issue with the phone and no settings will resolve this. It seems several people are now having this issue and I can't address everyone that currently has this issue and may eventually have this issue. I would suggest having the phone replaced by either contacting technical support at 800-922-0204 or by visiting a corporate store. 

I too, am still having issues with the touchscreen and Marquia, I know we conversed via pm, but you never replied to my last note, so I guess you wanting to help me is done?  The ONLY suggestion I was given is to have the phone replaced. Replaced with a refurbished one. I'm not thrilled that Verizon is willing to replace these defective phones with factory refurbished & tested phones. Does it make any sense? Me receiving someone elses bad phone to replace my bad phone? NO. Doesn't make sense! No one wants that especially when they purchase a NEW phone. They should receive a new one as the replacement. There are so many issues with this phone, I'd like to think that Verizon would step up and do the right thing by pulling it from their shelves and or honoring a new replacement for us who have had the displeasure of owning this lemon phone.

0 Likes
sondradomingues
Enthusiast - Level 1

Touch screen does not work and I see that this is a problem and there still selling this crappy phone! I need this replace!  I am a truck driver and the support wanted me to go out to a pay phone in 18 degree weather and call them so that they could tell me there is nothing they can do! Verizon this is very poor customer service, for service that cost me 255. a month!!!!

0 Likes
LJ590

Hello! I am having this same issue with my phone, and I also cannot figure out how to private message a customer service rep without being their friend.

The only thing my phone is doing is receiving calls and text messages, and also I can make a call. However, I cannot pick up a phone call and no one can hear me if I call them. 

0 Likes
preciousangel81

Hello, I can make calls receive calls Ive turned off my phone took battery out and everything and I can't use my touch screen to see text or anything I really can't afford a new phone right now and I use Verizon is there a way to fix it so I can use my touch screen again? PLEASE HELP ASAP I will be calling Verizon today as well.

0 Likes
enforcer

I've got the same issue with this phone and unfortunately I do not have insurance or protection plan and I was told I could not get insurance after 30 days of the purchase.  What are my options to get this fixed?  Did the factory reinstall work for anyone?  What is going on with it it is in perfect condition.

0 Likes
clswiecz

My Cosmos Touch just started malfunctioning on Friday.  I am probably just screwed since I do not have insurance or a protection plan either.  Did you take your phone to Verizon?  Did they try to help you at all?  It's funny how they will give you a free phone to renew your contract - but then it's too bad for you when the phone doesn't even last the whole two years that they rope you in for.  Smiley Sad  Spending the money to break my contract is looking more appealing than giving them more money for another lemon of a phone...   

0 Likes
pandzilla22

So my screen phone has now died on me today on such important day where i need my screen to work , I did all the following procedures on trying to get it to work again but still nothing. Along with that I do not have insurance so please I need help.

Thank you.

0 Likes
ararosales

Hello, I am having the same problems with the touch screen. I too the battery out a couple of times.

What to do now?

0 Likes
CurrentVerizonCustome

I know that this was from six months ago, but my phone appears to be having the same issue that horak11and lorax42 reported.  I went into a corporate store today, but was told that because of the bubbly liquid appearance I could not have the phone replaced even though it is still under warranty.  The manager told me something about how your policies and procedures changed about eight months ago and that even though the water damage indicator does not show water damage (because there has not been any) he could not do anything.  Next, I have also called technical support, but they recommended that I go into the corporate store in the first place.

So here is my question:

1. If I can't get my phone replaced, because the two methods you suggested did not work is there a third way to have my phone replaced since it is still under warranty and you state on this page that it appears to be a "hardware issue with the phone?"  (NOTE:  At the corporate store they told me that they were not aware of any hardware problems with the phone.)
0 Likes
alhildreth

I am currently on my 4th LG Cosmos Touch since early December 2010.  About every 6 months the same thing happens... screen freezes and will not respond to touch.  I can use the slide out keyboard, but cannot use anything but the phone with that.  I bought a new one early December 2010 and the 3 replacements have been refurbished.  The last time, they tried to get me to take something non-touch screen, but that would cost me $35.  I have a total of 3 phones and 1 hot spot through them, and mine is the only one with problems.  I didn't want to pay the $35, so I can pay the deductible on the worthless insurance, but it is more than $35 and get yet another refurbished LG Cosmos.

What are my options?  I used the 800 # above the last time, but they are the ones I had trouble with.  I was going to renew my 2-year contract this December and add data with smart phones, but with this going on, I am being swayed to use Walmart month-to-month phones with phone card for $45 a month.  I currently pay close to $200 for 3 phones and the 5 Gig hot spot.

I purchased a replacement screen, but before I try to figure out how to take the old one off and put new one on, I wanted to know what my options are?

Thanks,

Al Hildreth

0 Likes