Re: LG Cosmos Touch screen problems
golowes48

Does anyone know how to use the menu using the keyboard instead of the touch screen since mine is not working.  I get to the settings screen by pressing the OK button and then the arrows, but I cannot select an option on the settings screen.  I need to turn on the USB mass storage device option to get pics and such off my phone.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

golowes48 Are you still having problems with the touchscreen on your Cosmos Touch?

If so, did  you remove the battery as suggested in previous posts?

If you have done that, but are still unable to utilize the screen, you can PM me and I would be happy to look into your replacement options.

There really is no other way to access other functions of the Cosmos Touch other than the touch screen.

0 Likes
BDBDB

Mine, too!  Touch screen doesn't work.  Pulled the battery but still nothing.  I cannot access anythjing using the touch screen rendering this phone useless.  Now what?

0 Likes
elmimorrison

Hello All, This seems to be a common problem for the LG Cosmos. Is there a known remedy for this problem or is it just an intrinsic defect that is not repairable? Thanks.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your responses.

BDBDB & Elmimorrison, 

I know how important it is to have a working phone. Since the touchscreen is not working at all, that would be a hardware issue and the device would need to be replaced. You can either call in to customer service at 800-922-0204, visit a corporate store or send me a PM with your name & number.

0 Likes
cstaylor

I'm experiencing the same thing with my LG Cosmos Touch.  The touch screen does not work any longer. Please help!

0 Likes
Rayvenlee

My Cosmos touch restarts itself all the time, freezes, when texting on touch screen it is really slow and is impossible to use, I tried updating it and it seems to have made things worse. I went to the store and they didn't do anything about it. 

0 Likes
lorax42

I also have a screen that no longer responds to touch.  I've noticed a small spot in the center that looks like it has burned through (the image is fine, but there appears to be a hole in the touch sensor layer), which I suspect is the problem.  

Of course, the warranty just expired..

0 Likes
horak11

My touch screen just went bad today!!!! I was noticing a bubbly liquid appearance under the touch screen layer, and then it didn't work all the sudden.  I still about about 3 weeks until my warranty expires.  It seems like this touch screen is a universal problem with this phone.  Inexpensive quality touchscreens don't exist YET.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your responses. This is a hardware issue with the phone and no settings will resolve this. It seems several people are now having this issue and I can't address everyone that currently has this issue and may eventually have this issue. I would suggest having the phone replaced by either contacting technical support at 800-922-0204 or by visiting a corporate store. 

0 Likes