LG Cosmos Touch - Transferred phone, but can't get rid of old user's Backup Assistant
soundie1118

Hello!  I'm trying to transfer one of my phones (an LG Cosmos Touch)  to someone else (on my account), but I can't get the old user's  Backup Assistant information removed.  I've tried removing the app so I can download a new copy; it tells me it's removed, but it's still on the list.  I've tried syncing the new user's contact list to the phone from the computer, but the phone tells me the number's changed, and if I try running Backup Assistant it still tries to contact the account for the OLD number, not the new.  I just reloaded the address book by hand (since there weren't too many numbers yet), but I'd LIKE to be able to run Backup Assistant for the new user of the phone, whom I'm sure will be adding additional contacts.  How can I do this if I can't replace the app?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Transferred phone, but can't get rid of old user's Backup Assistant
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You can try resetting the phone. On my LG enV Touch it's Settings&tools, phone settings, security,restore phone

0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Transferred phone, but can't get rid of old user's Backup Assistant
Not applicable

On most devices where you can't remove Backup Assistant, you can do the following to get rid of it.  

1) Open up Backup Assistant. 

2) Press on help (may be under options).

3) From the help screen type in *73738#.

4) This will remove Backup Assistant and you can just reconfigure it altogether.

I hope this helps someone who is in the same predicament.  NO need to master reset the phone to get rid of Backup Assistant. Woohoo! 

Any questions, please let us know!

0 Likes