LG Cosmos Touch - Picture Files
Skip2013

When I try to receive picture files from friends/family, the phone immediately says the files are too large to receive (I have plenty of memory left). I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem, or if this was unique to my phone. I've already tried to remove/replace the battery, and nothing has worked.

Any advice would be welcome!

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Picture Files
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Skip2013,

I understand the importance of viewing your pictures.  Your Cosmo Touch has a 1.3 megapixel camera.  The maximum file size for picture / video messages varies from device to device. The file size limitation is based on the megapixels of the camera on the device:

• Devices with a .3 megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 100 KB.
  • Devices with a 1.2 - 2 megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 350 KB.
  • Devices with a 3.0+ megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 600 KB.
     Lowering the camera resolution will reduce the image file size.

Alternatively, you can forward the picture message to your email address to view the pictures.  I hope this information is helpful.  Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Skip2013,

I understand the importance of viewing your pictures.  Your Cosmo Touch has a 1.3 megapixel camera.  The maximum file size for picture / video messages varies from device to device. The file size limitation is based on the megapixels of the camera on the device:

• Devices with a .3 megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 100 KB.
  • Devices with a 1.2 - 2 megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 350 KB.
  • Devices with a 3.0+ megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 600 KB.
     Lowering the camera resolution will reduce the image file size.

Alternatively, you can forward the picture message to your email address to view the pictures.  I hope this information is helpful.  Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

0 Likes
Skip2013

Thank you! That information was VERY helpful!!

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

This issue is actually on the sender's end, not yours. You'll have to have the sender resize the picture. This has nothing to do with memory, its the resolution and whatnot - each phone is different and most are not compatible with eachother.

0 Likes
Skip2013

Thank you, also, vereyezuhn! I will make sure to ask my family to resize pictures before they send them! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes