Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Light keeps coming on.
alliecat817

I just " lock " the phone and it seems to have eliminated the problem

0 Likes
stein559
I'm glad locking the phone worked for you but not for me, and I suspect others as well. Sometimes either just the backlight comes on or the "lock screen" with the clock and unlock touch symbol will come on. This often happens at night when its on my nightstand, not just in my pocket during the day where a key could hit a button. However, this morning (3 am) is the first time in a week that I noticed this happening and also the first time in a week my phone was at the download screen after unlocking the phone. The past several days, it actually just went to the main screen after I unlock the phone. But twice this morning my phone was at the download screen. Has anyone else experienced this or know if Verizon is doing tests on their end? By the way, Verizon, I am not paying you x dollars a month to gather troubleshooting data for you at 3 in the morning. Get with LG and fix this device now.
0 Likes
marcw

My Cosmos Touch is sitting on a table in front of me at this second. Just in the time it took to read your message, the phone has lit up with the lock symbol twice.

When I slide it over to unlock, it went to my main green tree screen. The next time it had that Daily Scoop initializing that I thought I disabled.

Wait....lit up once again. That's 3 times.

I have to charge the phone every day because of this, when my older phone (that I upgraded for this one) held a charge for a week.

Hate this phone.

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

marcw wrote:

My Cosmos Touch is sitting on a table in front of me at this second. Just in the time it took to read your message, the phone has lit up with the lock symbol twice.

When I slide it over to unlock, it went to my main green tree screen. The next time it had that Daily Scoop initializing that I thought I disabled.

Wait....lit up once again. That's 3 times.

I have to charge the phone every day because of this, when my older phone (that I upgraded for this one) held a charge for a week.

Hate this phone.

The update to ZV5 should start as early as tonight 11/11/11 ...  The general proceedure is to push the update to a few thousand phones, wait a couple of days (Soak) and then push the remainder in the following few days.  Updates are generally done in the late afternoon through the night...  Watch your phone you should be prompted when it is contacted by Verizon with the update...  If you don't accept it, if it's an inconvenient time, you should be able to go to settings on your phone, then Phone info, and finally Software update and "Request" the update be sent again.
  • Fixed power cycle when closing keyboard while composing SMS
  • Upload pictures to facebook
  • Backlight now stays off for programs unless they are running in the foreground
  • Programs should now not auto run.
  • ·         Browse and Download menu will no longer appear after keyguard unlock
  • Fixed power cycle when forwarding some text messages

0 Likes