LG Cosmos (LG-VN250) Screen black
ktetch

Today my daughter was using her LG Cosmos to text her friends, when at some point n between the messages, the screen stopped working.

Everything else works, but the screen is completely black, albeit backlit. So, we drive the 35 miles to the nearest Verizon store. Take it in, explain. Woman takes the battery out, checks the water markers, all good. goes to the tech desk. pulls up the account info.

"Sorry, your 1 year warrenty expired on the 1st. You'll have to get a new phone" 

Basically all she said. tossed the phone back at us.

Nothing beyond a soft reset, then a warrenty lookup, before effectively saying 'buy more or go away'. There were no other customers int he store, sowe weren't slowing things for other people. It was really rude.

I'm about ready to terminate the contract on all the phones, and go with sprint, since we'd just spent a miserable 5 days at Dragon*con (miserable as far as phone service went, that is) while everyone else had zero problems (and because of that, had the phone broke on the 1st, still under warrenty, today was STILL the first time we could have got to a store. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Cosmos (LG-VN250) Screen black
Not applicable

ktetch : I’m sorry that you had such a rude experience in the store.  I would like to say that what happened to you in the store is not representative of all Verizon Wireless employees customer service.  I would love to help you out and try to see what other options we have for you.  Can you please PM your number and I will review your account to see what options we have for you.  I hope to hear from you soon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

You could have called *611

leaving to go to sprint isn't going to change manufacturer warranty

you might want to look into Total equiptment Coverage, 2 year warranty on the phone + insurance in case you get it wet or lose it 

maybe the info presented to you was a bit harsh, but it sounds accurate

0 Likes
Not applicable

ktetch : I’m sorry that you had such a rude experience in the store.  I would like to say that what happened to you in the store is not representative of all Verizon Wireless employees customer service.  I would love to help you out and try to see what other options we have for you.  Can you please PM your number and I will review your account to see what options we have for you.  I hope to hear from you soon.

0 Likes
Ryeseedboy

Same thing happened to my mom's phone. And BELIVE IT OR NOT......SAME EXPERIENCE IN THE STORE!!!   I have 3 phones on my account any pay a couple hundered dollars every month and that is the service in the store....?????   I think some re-training needs to happen, especially when this seems to be HUGE problem with many complaints on the exact same phone, exact same problem.  So now I went on e-bay bought a new phone, seeing how store wouldn't help trying to change it over on line and it is telling me I must change all my plans to the new plans.....  WTF, I bought the phone outright, I am not upgrading and now I about to call verizon and hopefully I get better service with someone on the phone.....  STAND BY for more......   UPDATE that is.....

0 Likes
ptosis

Verizon certainly is steering its customers to getting trapped into a over priced long term contract. I also had a black screen. Works great otherwise. Perfect for a blind person.

Do not get another phone from Verizon or you will be entrapped with another 2 year contract that is twice the money than BoostMobile ($35/m unlimted EVERYTHING) as opposed to Verizon 900 minutes for $70, texting, web extra. (what a RIPOFF!)

I can't wait to get out from underneath this contract and go somewhere else other than Verizon.

To buy a used phone from Ebay such as a LG VN250 make sure to get the  ESN/MEID number to see if it's on the negative list for lost/stolen before bidding or you'll be stuck with a useless phone that can't be activated. OF course - Verizon doesn't want you to buy a used phone somewhere else and doesn't have an online website for you to check easily and quickly. No - that wouldn't be treating their customers with care. Nope.

Have to call Verizon and for ten minutes have to lunch a bunch of numbers  that give you the very same options three times over to encourage you to hang up in exasperation,

PRESS:

2 (customer service)

2 (customer service AGAIN)

enter your phone number

5 (customer service a 3rd time!)

enter your four digit account security code

4 (arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh! Finally a human being that can check your ESN MEID before bidding on Ebay!)

The MEID/ESN for a LG vn250 should start with an 'a' followed by a series of zeros

Average price for a LG VN250 on Ebay = $28 - a whole lot cheaper than $840 'rape' contract over two years!

If I had gone to Boost Mobile for $35/m unlimited everything instead of $70/m for 900 call minutes I would have saved myself $840 over two years. I feel like such an IDIOT being with Verizon!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ryeseedboy- I would like to address all of your concerns! We always want you to have the best experience and want to ensure that all of your concerns are addressed when you first contact us! Do you still have the LG Cosmos? I would be happy to troubleshoot the issues with the device. Send me a private message with your name, mobile number and a contact number. Looking forward to assisting you.

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bones7721

I am having the same problem. I really do not want/need any of the frillls of the newer phones. I pay my bill on time and have not had any problems before. If I were to just recycle a friends old phone would that be acceptable. I live an hour away from an Verizon store and am not going to drive that distance to and get the same treatment I am reading here. Please let me know my options and what I need to do. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes