LG Cosmos 3 - Cant hear caller unless I put on speakerphone
AndrewJSchuman

My daughters phone is an LG Cosmos 3 and when she is in a call, the caller can hear her fine, but she can't hear anything on her end unless she puts them on speakerphone.  Thoughts on how to fix this?  We've tried to turn off and back on, checked all the volume and mute settings...everything seems okay.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos 3 - Cant hear caller unless I put on speakerphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AndrewJSchuman,

I understand your concern, that is odd. Want her to enjoy her phone and all its functions. Is there any physical/water damage to the phone? Power off, remove battery, then re-insert and power on; test the calls again, try adjusting the volume while on calls to see if it improves. In addition, make sure there isn't a case or protector covering the speaker or earpiece.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos 3 - Cant hear caller unless I put on speakerphone
crazymom5

The issue with the Cosmos 3 by LG isn't with Verizon the service provider but with LG the designer of the phone.  I, too, am a Verizon customer with the very same phone and the very same issue.  Not only that, whoever I'm talking to has an issue hearing me as well.  Want to know why?  There is one tiny dot off-center to the left representative of the speaker or mouthpiece into which we're to speak.  Maybe if there are at least 2 more of those dots that issue might not be so bad.  If LG really wanted to knock it out of the park, they could add yet 2 more dots for a total of 5 and everyone should be satisfied.  I like my phone.  If it gets water damage, sit it in some rice overnight and it's fine.  If bubbles get spilt on the keyboard, slide the phone open and leave that way to dry for several days and will work again.  It is difficult to hear through the phone without it being on speaker and that is coming and going...Thank you for your attention!  Smiley Happy

Alecia Smith, Verizon customer since September 2014.

0 Likes