LG Cosmos 2 phones lose all of its battery juice even after charging?
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Hello.

Very rarely, this happened a few times already and quite annoying since I have seen a couple LG Cosmos 2 phones show this same problem/symptoms. My m(o(m/ther)/a) and I have the same exact phones from a local Verizon Wireless retail store as a family package about two years ago. In my past experience, I have seen my phone lose all of its battery juice the next day even after a full charge at night even though I did not use the phone. Basically, the phone doesn't turn on because of no battery power. Connecting to its power charger will make it work again, but charging fully takes a few hours to be portable again. This happened twice so far for me.

Yesterday, the same thing happened with my m(a/o(m/ther))'s phone. She said she charged her the night before it ran out of battery power (dead as well) in the day time. She was able to turn it back on when she plugged a power charger (her SUV and at home). It also took hours to fully recharge and no problems.

We both use our own chargers and phones. We did not change any hardwares like batteries, chargers, etc. They are the same ones that we got when bought our phone as a family package from a local Verizon Wireless store. We don't know when the next incident will happen again, but this is annoying and concerning since there seems to be no exact patterns to see when this happen again. Why is this happening? Is this a known issue?

Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
Re: LG Cosmos 2 phones lose all of its battery juice even after charging?
B33
Legend

Have you been connecting to the Web, I know it's not a Smartphone but have gotten any games lately it could be if you have they possibly might be running in the back ground.. you might check.. Or you may have a battery that has bad cell in it how old is the phone ? and what are the charging patterns your use to charge it..

0 Likes
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

B33 . wrote:

Have you been connecting to the Web, I know it's not a Smartphone but have gotten any games lately it could be if you have they possibly might be running in the back ground.. you might check.. Or you may have a battery that has bad cell in it how old is the phone ? and what are the charging patterns your use to charge it..

No, we don't use the web, games, etc. We just use it for phone calls. How can we check if the non-phone software were used? Like I said, the phones are about a couple years old in my original post. We charge it fully once a day (me, at night).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O i'm sorry missed that on how old it was my eye's on here sometimes get a bit tired.. well since your using it for calls only is this your primary Home phone?  if so and you use it to talk to family and such especially over the weekend as that's when most of us tend talk to our Love one's,  that can run down even a fully charged phone and even when it's setting on the table in a Idle position if the phone is far enough away from the Towers it can tend to want to stay connected to them and this can run the battery down.. b

0 Likes
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

B33 . wrote:

O i'm sorry missed that on how old it was my eye's on here sometimes get a bit tired.. well since your using it for calls only is this your primary Home phone?  if so and you use it to talk to family and such especially over the weekend as that's when most of us tend talk to our Love one's,  that can run down even a fully charged phone and even when it's setting on the table in a Idle position if the phone is far enough away from the Towers it can tend to want to stay connected to them and this can run the battery down.. b

For me, it is mainly an emergency phone since I rarely talk on the phones (maybe a few times a month for a few minutes). My phone only turns on when it is being charged. My mom uses it almost daily though. As you can see, very different phone usages but same rare symptoms.

When you say idle, do you mean the one that turns off automatically? I never manually turn mine off. Is being far away or no signal the one show in the signal bars when the phone is on? If so, then I don't re(call/member) seeing it being very low or unavailable but then how often do I use my phone?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Idle means the Device is not at full power as it would be if your were using it on a call but it still using enough power to keep in touch with towers,  should a Text or Email or Voice Mail should come through..

Ant
Contributor - Level 2

B33 . wrote:

Idle means the Device is not at full power as it would be if your were using it on a call but it still using enough power to keep in touch with towers,  should a Text or Email or Voice Mail should come through..

Ah, I do get rare incoming texts (spams), calls, etc. but they're all in vibrator mode. I don't do e-mail and Internet on my phone for sure.  I know my ma doesn't use Internet, textings, etc. We both never turn our phones completely off. How long does it take to drain the battery power with the tower? Shouldn't a full charge per day be enough?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

There's many things that can Factor in on how the battery Drains, your location from the Tower, outside environment, the way your home is designed, were your phone is located at the time.. and As i mentioned the Age of the battery and how it's replenished, Like on my phones I will run them down most of the time till they shut there selves off I will them leave them off, I will charge them for 5 to 6 hours as this is what it takes for Razr Max battery once i see the battery Gauge is Full i will let them charge an additional 2 hours this is called a Trickle charge..

One other thing you can do as Option is purchase a Extended Life battery those usually give Quite a bit more Idle time and Talk time as Well.. 

Ant
Contributor - Level 2

B33 . wrote:

There's many things that can Factor in on how the battery Drains, your location from the Tower, outside environment, the way your home is designed, were your phone is located at the time.. and As i mentioned the Age of the battery and how it's replenished, Like on my phones I will run them down most of the time till they shut there selves off I will them leave them off, I will charge them for 5 to 6 hours as this is what it takes for Razr Max battery once i see the battery Gauge is Full i will let them charge an additional 2 hours this is called a Trickle charge..

One other thing you can do as Option is purchase a Extended Life battery those usually give Quite a bit more Idle time and Talk time as Well.. 

Ah. I notice when I recharge my phone's battery, its battery icon is mostly full and doesn't take long to recharge fully (up to 15 minutes) for each day. Now if my phone ran out of battery power completely, then it takes hours.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

As B mentioned, when phones reach a couple years old, they often need replacement batteries. You could stop in a Verizon store and ask someone to test it. Or just order a replacement on eBay.

Another possible reason is your battery not making full contact. Take it out and check that the contacts are clean and that it's tightly seated in the compartment.