LG Cosmo Touch
washilover

I just purchased an LG Cosmo Touch phone after using a plain flip phone so I REALLY don't know how these new phones work. 

Using the cable to connect the phone to my computer, does anyone know if it's possible to transfer music from my computer to the Cosmo Touch or do I have to download the music with an app from Verizon?

If I can transfer music from my computer, how do I do it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Cosmos Touch
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Washilover,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, it is possible to transfer music from your computer to your LG Cosmos Touch. You would want to put the music on a Memory Card inside your phone. Once you have your Memory Card ready and inside your device, please use these instructions to put move the music to the Memory Card via a compatible USB Cable. The memory card and UBB cable can be ordered online from our Verizon Wireless website or a store that sells these items. If you download the Music App to your phone, you can get the music that is offered and save that to the Memory Card for later transfer to the computer if desired.

Use the USB Autorun feature that allows the Cosmos Touch to connect to a on a PC without a physical CD-ROM. Connect the USB cable and sets up the phone on a PC.  The process automatically installs the LG USB Modem Driver and EUT (End User Tool) as you monitor and select any needed prompts. Afterward, the phone to be used as a Mass Storage device when a Memory card is inside the phone. Once completed, you can transfer unprotected content and music from phone to PC and vice versa.  To select the USB mode on your device, drag to unlock the screen and touch the Menu Quick Key, Settings , then USB Mode. You can then choose from the following modes: Media Sync Mode, Mass Storage, Modem Mode or Ask On Plug. Choose Mass Storage to connect your PC for Autorun and select Touch here for syncing the phone to the computer.

I am providing a link that you can reference to be taken to our website where the User's Manuel shows on page 72 this above information as well. The link is: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5566

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Washilover,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, it is possible to transfer music from your computer to your LG Cosmos Touch. You would want to put the music on a Memory Card inside your phone. Once you have your Memory Card ready and inside your device, please use these instructions to put move the music to the Memory Card via a compatible USB Cable. The memory card and UBB cable can be ordered online from our Verizon Wireless website or a store that sells these items. If you download the Music App to your phone, you can get the music that is offered and save that to the Memory Card for later transfer to the computer if desired.

Use the USB Autorun feature that allows the Cosmos Touch to connect to a on a PC without a physical CD-ROM. Connect the USB cable and sets up the phone on a PC.  The process automatically installs the LG USB Modem Driver and EUT (End User Tool) as you monitor and select any needed prompts. Afterward, the phone to be used as a Mass Storage device when a Memory card is inside the phone. Once completed, you can transfer unprotected content and music from phone to PC and vice versa.  To select the USB mode on your device, drag to unlock the screen and touch the Menu Quick Key, Settings , then USB Mode. You can then choose from the following modes: Media Sync Mode, Mass Storage, Modem Mode or Ask On Plug. Choose Mass Storage to connect your PC for Autorun and select Touch here for syncing the phone to the computer.

I am providing a link that you can reference to be taken to our website where the User's Manuel shows on page 72 this above information as well. The link is: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5566

0 Likes
crazymom5

I believe you have to use V-Cast and that is inside your phone under "Apps."  You should also be able to go online and have music sent to your phone.  Friends can send ringtones to your phone, as well.  I hope this helped. Smiley Happy

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes