Kyocera DuraXV Extreme (E4810) Icon Glossary
DuraXVExtremeuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where can I find a glossary for the icons/symbols displayed on both the Outer Screen and the Main Screen of my DuraXV Extreme (E4810) phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kyocera DuraXV Extreme (E4810) Icon Glossary
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DuraXVExtremeuser, Oh I see what you are saying. You are talking about the little screen on the outer shell of the phone. Do you only see that padlock icon when the phone is shut? Although I did not find a locked padlock icon in the user manual, generally speaking, most flip phones will do that to prevent any accidental pushing of the buttons while the phone is closed shut. Can you test that out for me and let me know if it only happens when your phone is closed? What happens if you try to alter the volume button in the same state? Does it prevent it from changing the volume? 

I appreciate your feedback since we want all of our products to continue improving to make it as easy as possible to use! The Cloud icon with the white dot seems like the Verizon Cloud icon, but I am uncertain since I cannot see myself. Are you able to take a picture of it? I only say it would be the Cloud since the Verizon Cloud is a feature you can access on that phone. 

From the Idle screen, please press the Center soft key [Menu] > Media center > Cloud and let me know if you see that same/similar icon displayed there. 

Please let me know if my explanations were helpful!

AkaneM_VZW

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DuraXVExtremeuser, Let's make sure you are set up with success with the Kyocera DuraXV Extreme. I am here to help! I want to make sure we are on the same page. Are you referring to the status bar as the outer screen? The status bar is located at the top of the screen displaying a series of icons. If yes, then you can see page 15 of the user manual by clicking the link below. It will help display all icons associated. 

In terms of the main screen icons, there is not a certain page in the user manual that points out the what icons refer to what, but they are laid out throughout each section of the user manual broken up by categories of the menu icons. Did this provide insight? 

http://spr.ly/6609HEp9x

AkaneM_VZW

DuraXVExtremeuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzw_customer_support:   By Outer Screen I mean the smaller screen that is visible when the phone is closed.  I guess you refer to that as the main screen.  A specific icon I am seeing there that I do not understand appears on the bottom left and looks like a closed padlock which I would think means something is locked.  However, as best I can determine, I haven't locked anything on my phone.  What does that icon mean?

What I called the Main Screen is apparently more properly called the Idle Screen.  The chart for the Status Bar of Status Icons followed by Notification Icons on pages 15 to 17 of the User Guide that you point me to is a great help - thank you!

It would be a plus if the icons displayed on the main screen (what I called the outer screen) also had a chart like the one for the Status Bar.

One last question regarding icons.  At one time I thought I saw one on the Status Bar that I don't see in the pages 15-17 chart.  It isn't showing now so I cannot be certain it was on the Status Bar but I would describe it as a white cloud with a black dot in the center.   I showed another person who also said it looked like a cloud.  Any idea what that might have been?

Thank you for responding to my inquiries!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DuraXVExtremeuser, Oh I see what you are saying. You are talking about the little screen on the outer shell of the phone. Do you only see that padlock icon when the phone is shut? Although I did not find a locked padlock icon in the user manual, generally speaking, most flip phones will do that to prevent any accidental pushing of the buttons while the phone is closed shut. Can you test that out for me and let me know if it only happens when your phone is closed? What happens if you try to alter the volume button in the same state? Does it prevent it from changing the volume? 

I appreciate your feedback since we want all of our products to continue improving to make it as easy as possible to use! The Cloud icon with the white dot seems like the Verizon Cloud icon, but I am uncertain since I cannot see myself. Are you able to take a picture of it? I only say it would be the Cloud since the Verizon Cloud is a feature you can access on that phone. 

From the Idle screen, please press the Center soft key [Menu] > Media center > Cloud and let me know if you see that same/similar icon displayed there. 

Please let me know if my explanations were helpful!

AkaneM_VZW

DuraXVExtremeuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

AkaneM_VZW,  Now that you've pointed me in the right directions.... On page 5 of the User Guide there is a diagram of the phone closed and you can see the closed padlock on the outer screen!  (Notice that Kyocera calls it the outer screen too!)  Yes, I do only see it when the phone is closed and yes, it prevents me from changing the volume when the phone is closed.  Your comments led me to find the "Keyguard" setting on page 99 of the User Guide.  You've solved the padlock mystery for me!

You've also solved the cloud icon mystery!  Menu > Media Center > Cloud does indeed cause the cloud icon to come on if I try to backup my contacts.  I do recall trying to do that a while ago - it failed because I do not have a Verizon Cloud for that line.  (Since the only thing I would care to backup on that line is contacts, I won't be using the Verizon Cloud.)

So, you have resolved all the problems I've encountered. Thanks very much!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DuraXVExtremeuser, you are quite the investigator! I am super glad to have helped you through your Kyocera journey and you got all the answers that you needed. If you haven't already, you can use the Backup Assistant to make sure just your contacts are backed up and you can do that here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-141915/

Please let me know if I can assist with anything else in the meantime!

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
oristep
Enthusiast - Level 3

AkaneM_VZW,

Kyocera duraXV Extreme does not have Backup Assistant installed. I could not find it anywhere, either in Contacts or Media Center. It is not even mentioned in User Guide.

Or just pick up this phone and see for yourself....

Looks like a major problem to me, which VW must fix ASAP.

0 Likes
DuraXVExtremeuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

oristep,

Yes, I agree.  I already knew that Backup Assistant wasn't an option but I had already manually (ugh) transferred all my contacts.

I'm now seeing other icons that I cannot discern the meaning.  One is on the main screen and looks like a corded phone's handset with a slash through it.  The other has appeared on the outside screen (i.e. when the phone is closed) and looks to me like a megaphone - it might be something else but that's what it looks like to me.

So far, the phone has worked fine but the documentation leaves a lot to be desired.  IF icons are explained within the manual, why can't the index point one to the pages where icons are explained?  Seems an obvious improvement to me.

0 Likes
oristep
Enthusiast - Level 3

DuraXVExtremeuser,

What is obvious - we know more about VW phones that they do, although they at least know how to cut and paste from the various VW website pages, regardless if it makes sense or not.

bigsky3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The "handset with a slash through it" may be the icon for when your phone is on mute.

See page 15 of the user manual...

The "megaphone" may be the signal strength indicator...!

0 Likes