Issues with Intensity III Alarm... Again
dwspears
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back in October of last year, when I first bought the Intensity III, I had to return the phone because the Alarm failed to work after a couple weeks. The new phone's alarm has worked perfect up until this week. I called sunday to get a new battery because my battery in my phone started to die very quickly (every day or every other day I had to recharge the phone). I took the battery out and put it back into the phone and continued about my way. This Monday morning my alarm failed to go off at 6:30am and went off at 6:53am. Of course this set in panic due to past issues with this type of phone. Again this morning my phone did not go off like it was suppose to at all. I then set the alarm to go off at 7:00am and that one worked as it should.

From past experence from seeing other posts about this issue, this is not an isolated case and before Verizon just kept saying this isn't a known issue. On top of that, they just told us to make sure the alarm is turned on/right time was set/volume was set correctly/tone was set instead of vibrate/etc. All of these are NOT the issue. A hard reset did NOT fix the issue last time. It worked for two days the last time I tried that with the first phone then right back to not working again.

I need a fix for this phone. My alarm is important to me because I use it as an alarm clock, especially when I have to go out of town for work. I need a solution asap. If anyone else out there has had this issue and found a fix for it pleast let me know.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with Intensity III Alarm... Again
dwspears
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a post I found on another samsung phone with alarm issues. The highlighted issues are something my phone experences and could possibly be the issue at play here. I don't know why it would suddenly start now, but I'm willing to try anything to fix the issue. I don't see a point in keeping the battery being sent to me if I'm going to end up having replace the phone again. I rather just sent the battery back, get my money back, and get a replacement phone.:

Re: Samsung Convoy 2 Alarm issues

dc77Contributor

Currently Being Moderated               

Aha!  I caught my alarm not working this morning.  It was supposed to go off at 4:04 a.m. and it didn't.  At 4:05 a.m. i picked up the phone and opened it and it read 3:58....... like it had not updated the time. This would certainly explain the alarm not going off. After being open for a couple of seconds, the time updated. It was in power saver mode, and I can't get any info on what that means.   I have also had it go off  2 minutes after the set time.  These two scenarios don't match because if the time updated when it was after the alarm set time, I would not expect the alarm to go off when the trigger time was passed. Don't know why I feel compelled to figure this out.  Doesn't appear anyone at Verizon shares the same need to come up with an answer. Again the elements at play here are..... in an area with intermittent signal, which would explain the time not updating until a signal was obtained. Phone going into power saver mode,  which i'm not sure what happens when it does that. And it doesn't seem to matter whether the phone is plugged into a charger or not. I have read posts about the Samsung Gusto having alarm issues also, so if anyone has any input I would appreciate hearing it. "

"

0 Likes
dwspears
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another site stated the same issues as the ones listed here on the verizon forms:

Nice screen, short battery, bad alarm clock ,

03/19/2013
By an anonymous customer ,
NJ
3 out of 5
3out of5
I am still getting used to the phone but I already know the battery does last as long as I was used to. I seem to get about 3 days with low usage. The biggest problem is the Alarm Clock tool works randomly. Some days yes other days no. It is not a sound issue, the phone never triggers the alarm. For example, it can go days without triggering the alarm at 7:00 am. This does not seem to be an isolated problem with these phones. Otherwise, the screen is large and clear, and all other functions perform as they should
0 Likes
dwspears
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did a hard reset. I know it didn't work for the last phone but gonna give it a go for in the morning. We'll see if it stays working. New battery should be here tomorrow hopefully.

0 Likes
dwspears
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know what the issue is, I just don't know how to fix it. The issue is when the phone is going into sleep mode, the time isn't updating. I had my mother call me to be sure I got up and she called me BEFORE the alarm was set to go off. When she called it said 3:11am and I'm thinking "Why in the WORLD is she calling me at 3:11am to get up?" then suddenly the time updates and showed that it's after 5am.

I haven't had this issue with my phone since I got it replaced after the same issue with the first phone back in November. Now all of a sudden I'm having the issue again. Does anyone know of a fix for this? The system reset, of course, didn't work clearly.

0 Likes
hazegurlie
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you've not already, contact Samsung. I sounds like they need to take a look at the device (and all the other devices that dont want to update). This could be a software issue or a device issue. Good luck!!!

0 Likes
apitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem.  Tried 2 brand new Intensity 3's.  One had the FH software version, one the FE.  Alarm failed to work on both.  Samsung is not helpful and acts clueless even though I know they have received plenty of complaints from people like us.  Frustrating!

0 Likes
rodya

VERIZON:  is there a fix for this yet?   please advise.

0 Likes