Is there any way to get a Chocolate Touch WITHOUT a data plan?
SenecaU

So I've had a phone for quite some time- a Samsung Intensity. Recently I've been having problems with it (random resets, turning off, bad battery) and have started looking for a new phone. Lo and behold I was fortunate enough to stumble upon a LG Chocolate Touch in great condition. I would love to activate it and use it as my new cellular device, but I do not want to pay for a data plan. Is there any way that I can get the phone with just the standard features of my current plan ( talk+text, no data )?

Recap: I can NOT pay the $10 a month for a data plan. Is there a way for a representative to get me the standard features on the phone, without having to pay more money per month?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to get a Chocolate Touch WITHOUT a data plan?
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

I think you should be able to either block the data when you activate it or just have the pay as you go so you will only be charged if used.  It should tell you when you try to activate on your my verizon account or if you call customer service.

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to get a Chocolate Touch WITHOUT a data plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SenecaU, I can address both of your equipment concerns. You will not need to add a data plan for the Samsung Intensity or LG Chocolate Touch devices. In fact, you have the option of blocking the data or using it as needed for $1.99 per data MB. So, feel free to activate that LG Chocolate device with no data plan.

The issues that you have described on the Samsung Intensity can be resolved by a master reset remove any potential software issues on that phone. Click http://vz.to/XxJ2HF to retrieve steps on how to hard reset your phone.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need additional assistance. ^LH

0 Likes