Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the LG Extravert phone keypad?
Whitehouse

having trouble with the keypad entering several of the same letters at the same time.  Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the LG Extravert phone keypad?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Whitehouse - Are you still having this issue? Does this occur when you use the physical qwerty keyboard or the touch screen?

Maybe try recalibrating the screen and see if it helps: From the Main Menu > Settings & Tools > Settings > Touch Settings > Calibration.

Let us know so we can address this further with you, if needed!

Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter: @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Whitehouse

It's when I use the qwerty keyboard. The touch screen works fine.

I've tried recalibrating, and it doesn't help. I still get lots of letters that type themselves twice.

Do you have any other ideas on what I could do to make it quit typing a letter twice at once?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Whitehouse,

When the physical keys are entering a letter twice, it will definitely be something with the hardware. Can you verify that the keys appearing twice aren't getting stuck when pressed? You should be able to feel the key returning when the pressure of the finger comes off. If they're getting stuck, please check the charging port and headset jack for corrosion and any other damage to the phone. If the phone is under warranty it may require a replacement. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes