Is Verizon stopping mobile email on basic phone this 3/31/15??
roboghast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are we still going to get our email on basic phones?

I hope they would not be so greedy to try to push people up to a schmartyphone. 

Since the future for me is basic phone + tablet rather than a "little glass computer phone", a.k.a smartphone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon stopping mobile email on basic phone this 3/31/15??
Not applicable

If you're going to use tablet anyway what's the difference? How can you read email on a basic phone anyway? Also basic phone line is $20. My smartphone which is off contract is $15 a month.

0 Likes
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you look at most of their Mobile Email FAQ's, the answer appears to be Yes.  They mention that you can still use the web browser to access your email provider's webmail.  The current Mobile Email app is actually a relay service through seven.com (your stuff is relayed through verizon-email.seven.com). I assume VZW haw decided to stop paying for this service.  I assume they'll be going through and updating all the product literature for their basic phones. 

That email app was pretty limited, and my phone had a heck of a time actually connecting to it properly (Samsung Convey 2). It would only update a few times a day unless I kept forcing it to check, it would try and fail, then it would throw an error, "then" it would finally connect. same when trying to lookup a contact.  Recently uninstalled/reinstalled to see if that would help, and it hasn't been able to reconnect to re-add my email account since then (connection error, please try again). all this despite perfect connection for other apps and web browser. wondering if they've disabled the new account setup feature or something since they're killing off the app in a month.

as much as I'm paying here for a basic phone, time to look at porting my number elsewhere.

0 Likes
kgrueneberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's bad news..  Time to switch to another provider.

Not applicable

As much as you're paying? 1 basic phone with 700 minutes and unlimited text and no data is $25 a month. Unlimited minutes and text and 500 MB data is $40. neither is outrageous

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

All carriers will ease towards smartphones.  Any basic phones still out there will be very low-key.  Remember, companies are making money on plans, so smartphone plans require higher fees and more data which is more profit.

nun2bright
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your assessment is correct, in my opinion.  All about bottom-line profit for THE CORPORATION.  As very often, little concern/support for the customers.  I'm so sure there'll be no other explanations.  I called "Customer Service" today, and confirmed that.  I was given the address for the "Correspondence Team" to write a letter.  That will do as much good as writing the White House, of course.  Really sucks, as the LG Revere has excellent TELEPHONIC qualities, VERY often lacking in other pocket machines with telephonic function added to a computer  (EX:  Apple line, inclusively).  Only satisfactory response:  one-finger salute, and switch carriers - if one can be found with decent TELEPHONES which will receive email.  Thanks Verizon.  I'm out.

nun2bright
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I'm able to read my emails exceptionally well on my dumb LG Revere, thank you very much.  Perhaps you should have an eye exam.

0 Likes
nun2bright
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto.

0 Likes
Not applicable

nun2bright wrote:

Your assessment is correct, in my opinion.  All about bottom-line profit for THE CORPORATION.  As very often, little concern/support for the customers.

If you actually ran a business I'm 100% sure PROFIT would be your #1 issue. That is if you want your business to succeed and for you to eat.

0 Likes