Is Data Plan for Smart or Feature Phone The Same?
vwest7817

I have 4 people on a Family Plan that is over 2 yrs. old. We're looking at upgrading our phones. Do data plans for smartphones cost the same as data plans for feature phones?

Thanks!

ps: Regardless, the cost is prohibitive for a family. Multiply everything times 4 lines and I'm looking at other carriers that are more family-friendly. And we're long-time Verizon users and have been happy with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Data Plan for Smart or Feature Phone The Same?
rcschnoor
Legend

With smartphones, you have to choose between the $15 and $30 data plans. With feature phones, you have an additional choice of a $9.99 data plan for a very small allowance of 25MB.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Keep in mind feature phones do not require data if you do not want data. An option are the two KINs VZW is selling. If you are near a WiFi connection, these phones can access data via WiFi and you would not need to purchase any data plan. You just need to be very careful not to use teh 3G data option.

0 Likes
StephieKay
Contributor - Level 1
I may be wrong but i was told the $9.99 for 25 mb allowance plan was no longer offered. Only the $15.00 for 150 mb allowance and $29.99 unlimited data. Anyone know for sure?
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, the $9.99 25MB/month plan is still offered, but you have to realize that this plan is now and has always been for feature phones. It has never been available for smartphones.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

rcschnoor wrote:

Yes, the $9.99 25MB/month plan is still offered, but you have to realize that this plan is now and has always been for feature phones. It has never been available for smartphones.

Actually I believe the $9.99/25MB plan is ONLY available on phones that were in the 3GMM category before the change.

0 Likes
vtruth
Enthusiast - Level 3

The 9.99 data plan is NOT offered anymore. Its is able to be grandfathered in from an exsisting phone, but as soon as it is taken off via data block or moved to $15 data plan it is not supose to be offered anymore as its not a feature advertised by vzw weather they had it before or not. And none the less the 150 mb plan is Way Way Way better. But no the 9.99 is no longer to be able to be added.

0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3
My understanding is that the $9.99 is only offered to 3gmm phones... and only those. So you could try out the $15 plan on a 3gmm phone and then switch back to the $9.99 plan.
0 Likes
StephieKay
Contributor - Level 1
I called customer service and this is what i was told. The $9.99/25 mb is allowed only for phones marked as 3g multi media phones. So if you purchase a phone that was listed as 3g multi media you could take advantage of the $9.99, $15.00, or $29.99 data pkg. Feature phones are only offered pay as u go, $15.00 or $29.99 data pkg.
0 Likes