I have a number - 999-999-9999 showing up as an incoming call on one of my phones. Anyone know what kind of number this is?
bovine2

On the list of recent calls, I have a number - 999-999-9999 showing up as an incoming call on one of my phones  Anyone know what kind of number this is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a number - 999-999-9999 showing up as an incoming call on one of my phones.  Anyone know what kind of number this is?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Generally that is what shows if the caller ID is blocked on the caller's end - they block their number from showing up.  It would come to your phone as an unavailable number or restricted number.

Re: I have a number - 999-999-9999 showing up as an incoming call on one of my phones.  Anyone know what kind of number this is?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bovine2, We can understand the importance of tracking call details. If you are logged in to your My Verizon account and you see the number is all 9's,0's etc the number has been restricted by the originating party. Are you only seeing this number for incoming calls?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

Re: I have a number - 999-999-9999 showing up as an incoming call on one of my phones. Anyone know what kind of number this is?
bovine2

Yes, only for incoming calls.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Re: I have a number - 999-999-9999 showing up as an incoming call on one of my phones. Anyone know what kind of number this is?
Sita

When I got that it was someone from overseas calling. (Turned out to be my husband's girlfriend when he was over there working.) I have gotten it on my landline to and it was usually someone trying to sell me something. Don't answer it. If it is important they will leave a message

0 Likes
Re: I have a number - 999-999-9999 showing up as an incoming call on one of my phones. Anyone know
qattales

mine was an amber alert call for an at risk teenager

0 Likes