Re: I already hate texting on my Cadence LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We always want you to have the best information. Verizon will continue to activate CDMA-only devices on prepaid service through 12/31/2018. As of 01/01/2019 CDMA devices, even on prepaid plans, will no longer be able to activate. They will still be able to have service for some time though. We always want to make sure that you get the best services possible. We know how troubling it can be to find out that the device that you know and love may no longer be able to activate in the future. Right now we are retiring the entire CDMA network in favor for the more cost effective and stronger LTE network. This combined with newer devices designed for the best network will give you the best possible connection everywhere you go. For example, phones that are on the Verizon 4G LTE network can use HD Voice, which delivers digital, high-resolution sound during voice calls. There are great devices that can get you the service that you want with the device you want.

FranklinM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

I think prepaid phones with CDMA might be allowed to be activated on prepaid accounts for now even though postpaid accounts can't activate those devices anymore.

here an article I found from June

Verizon 3G activations live! - NWIDA

UPDATED:

Yesterday’s news that Verizon has extended the CDMA deadline for MVNOs ONLY does not apply to Verizon pre and postpaid directly.

NWIDA has confirmed the following information regarding Verizon prepaid and postpaid:

In addition to yesterday’s news that Verizon has extended the CDMA deadline for MVNOs ONLY – NWIDA has confirmed by Verizon the following information regarding Verizon prepaid and postpaid:

All Verizon CDMA based (both CDMA/3G and non HD/Volte LTE ) phones, except those listed below, will NOT be activate-able on Verizon prepaid or postpaid after June 30. They will be usable on Verizon MVNOs until Dec. 31, 2018 for new activations.

The following postpaid devices will be allowed activation until Sept. 30, 2018

• LG Gizmo Pal 2  (LGVC110 and LGVC110B)
  • LG Gizmo Gadget (LGVC200 and LG200B)

The following prepaid devices will be allowed to be activated until Dec. 31, 2018

• LG Zone 3 (VS425PP and VS425LPP)
  • LG Zone 2 (VS415PP)
  • Moto G Play (Motxt1609PP)
  • Samsung Galaxy J1 (SM J100VLPP)
  • Samsung Gusto 3 (SMB311VZPP)
0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

And what do I do if I get rid of the Cadence? Get an even bigger, more expensive phone when I want a smaller one?

The whole reason I switched to the Cadence is because I cant get my contacts loaded onto the Gusto I activated recently. I'm perfectly happy with the Gusto, and would have been happy until the end of 2019. But I've had to carry around 2 Gustos, my old one with broken camera with the contacts on it and the new one with a good camera and no contacts. I have followed every known procedure for getting the contacts onto the other Gusto with no luck, and wasted many hours of my life on the phone with so-called "technical support" (who appear to know very little. They have to look up the answers to everything and are completely flummoxed when their answers don't work).  They were supposed to call me back after I tried their suggested procedure (which failed)(and didn't; they were supposed to escalate the ticket to higher tier of support and didn't. I called again yesterday and asked them to escalate it again.  I don't expect it will do any good, and I seriously doubt they will get back to me within 48 hours as promised. If they do, it will probably be another ill-trained person who has to look up everything, who will ask me to go through all of the failed procedures I've already tried.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

can you not add your contacts in manually? it would be a pain but you'd have them then. Or save then to a SD card then transfer that to your new Gusto?

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

I have hundreds of contacts and the Gusto has no SD. I'm not entering them manually, lol

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

maybe time to upgrade to a smartphone if you have hundreds of contacts. I don't think i've called hundreds of people in my 50 years on this earth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to be able to view folders in your messages Bewilder. I was able to double check your device and this phone does not have that feature. I was able to review this thread and see that you have a Gusto now. Can you please clarify so I can help the best way I can. We don't want you to manually enter your contacts. 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to read that you are having trouble with your new phone. We strive to provide the best customer service, and I apologize that has not happened. This is never the experience that we want you to have and we want to help in any way we can. What happens when you try using your phone? What services are being impacted. 

Rogelio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

Doesnt really matter how many contact you have, I have 500, a lot more than I'm going to enter by hand. I dont need a smartphone to hold my contacts. My older Gusto does that just fine, and still backs them up fine, but I need one with functional camera. 

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

If you dont understand what I already said, no explaining is going to spell it out for you.

0 Likes