How to transfer photos/music to Samsung Intensity III?
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

Been trying to move photos I had on my Intensity II over to my new Intensity III. Seems to be more of a hassle than anything. I tried to go on my PIX place album and text them to myself as the VZW chat person told me. That didn't work. Only was acting like I got a picture message, but it was actually just a blank text coming thru.

Tried to connect to the USB port on my computer and send them that way. Somehow I got one pic to show up. But when I access the phone thru the computer it will show more pics are on there. But I'm not seeing them on my phone. I even powered down and then back on to see if any change. And nothing.

So far I tried to move 2 pics off my computer to the phone. Only one shows up. And it is there twice. Not sure how I accomplished that. Also moved a song over. But it isn't actually on my phone anywhere, but it shows up when I access phone thru computer. Songs I have are in MP3 format. But do not show up when I go to My Music on the phone.

Very frustrated. maybe things aren't compatible in terms of music? Thinking I just won't bother anymore and just take new pics to have on my phone instead.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to transfer photos/music to Samsung Intensity III?
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

With some basic tinkering I did figure out how to move some stuff. It's more complicated than it should be. Also if I transfer songs from my computer to my phone. Is there anyway to make them into ringtones or am I stuck having to pay to download ringtones. Songs on my computer are in MP3 form and the full songs.

How do I find out how much room my phone has. I wouldn't mind moving all my songs, but it's around 821 songs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your desire to keep your music and pictures, mws_1984. I have made so many memories over the years and many of those memories were captured with my wireless phone. The only way to truly transfer music and pics from basic phone to basic phone is via SD card. You can save the data on your old phone to the SD card. Once you reinsert the SD card in the new device your files should appear. Please let me know if this helps.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lsmarkle

same problem for me; when I insert the SD memory card in the phone, it recognizes it but photos don't show up?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I would format the SD card to make sure all the correct folders are there. First, make sure everything is saved to your computer, as formatting will erase all the data on your SD card. Once saved, insert the card in the phone. The exact menu is escaping me right now, but I think it's in Settings & Tools>Memory>Media Card>Format. You then will have folders the phone can read and can move your pics and music and such into the folders. Once you put the card back in, restart the phone.

0 Likes