How to transfer contacts from LGENV2 (maybe with USB)?
BigSkyAF

We recently purchased smart phones for our daughters.  They were very quick to get their phones out of the boxes and activate their phones.  Well, they hadn't backed up their contacts (or anything on their phones) before activating their new phones.  We now can't find a way to use Backup Assistant from the old phones (all are LGENV2s).  We do have the USB cable to connect the phones to our PC.  We'd appreciate any help.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to transfer contacts from LGENV2 (maybe with USB)?
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

You can actually use Bluetooth to transfer contacts! Just make sure they are paired together.

0 Likes
BigSkyAF

Thanks.  I paired them, and tried to send "namecard" (checked all the contacts), but the other device (iPhone 4s) isn't connecting.  Any ideas? 

Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 14:06:52 -0700

Subject: Re: How to transfer contacts from LGENV2 (maybe with USB)? - Re: How to transfer contacts from LGENV2 (maybe with USB)?

created by archeryhunter1993 in Basic Phones - View the full discussion

You can actually use Bluetooth to transfer contacts! Just make sure they are paired together.

>Personal info deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't post personal info. such as your e-mail address in this public forum; it's against the Terms of Service.

0 Likes
BigSkyAF

I didn't post my email.  I received archeryhunter's response in my email account, and responded via email--didn't realize it was posting my email address to the discussion forum. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, when you reply to the forum the way you did, your e-mail address is included with the post and needs to be edited out.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably included the text of the email notification when you replied. When you do so, it also includes the email headers which has your email address in it. The whole thing (your response, the email headers and the original message gets posted on the community forum in the discussion you replied to. It makes for a long post as well along with needed the email addresses edited out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

I have always had trouble connecting an apple device to Bluetooth. I would suggest activating the old phone again by calling *228 and then press option 1. Then, do back up assistance. Once that is done, activate the iPhone again by calling *228 again. The last and final option would be is, to transfer each contact manually.

0 Likes
BigSkyAF

Thanks to all for the explanations.  But, because archeryhunter's response came to my email inbox, and I replied to archeryhunter from within my email inbox, I didn't realize my response would get posted to the discussion forum.  I was replying from within my email inbox, not from these forum dialog boxes.  And, because I was sending my response to archeryhunter via email, I couldn't edit out the header, etc.  Perhaps the discussion process needs improvement.  Perhaps I could just get an email notification that someone had responded to my post, then I could go into the forum and respond through these boxes.  It would've prevented all the fun we've been having.

Looks like there's not a good way to get my contacts to my new phone.  I'll try the Verizon store tomorrow.

Next issue for us...we do have one (of 4) phones that had all of its contacts backed up to Backup Assistant.  When that person downloaded the contacts to his new phone, they downloaded to all four phones.  More fun to resolve.

0 Likes
BigSkyAF

Verizon Store resolved the issue with contacts about 10 minutes (for all four phones).  Done.

Didn't resolve the contacts from Backup Assistant downloading to all four iPhones.  They think it's because all four phones use the same iTunes ID.

0 Likes