How do you save a sound to your computer?
keeganjay

I can get as far as actually getting it on the computer, but then it comes up in a weird qcp format or something which isn't readable by ANYTHING. I've tried converting it but the file type can't be read by any program or anything. I have the Samsung Intensity III. Please help, I need these sounds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you save a sound to your computer?
Not applicable

I have not used a basic phone in many years. However if the file is on your computer as you state in Windows Explorer, select file, and check the box to show the full file extension. (View hidden files and folders) Have not done this in awhile either.

Now go to where the music file resides, right click it and where you see the file extension change it to .wav or .mp3 or .WMA

And then click the file and select play. On cell phones there is also a file type of .w4a ( I have seen this for iphones but it may be a universal file type extension)

Try it and see if any of them work. There is also a Real Player extension of .ra again it is trial and error.

Another trick is to Google the music extension and see what can open and play it. Please remember I don't remember all file types. Google is your best bet.

Good Luck

0 Likes