How do I stop email notifications on a Samsung Brightside Basic Phone?
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

I have yahoo email on my Samsung Brightside phone.  I am constantly getting email notifications.  There isn't an option to stop them, only two options for "quiet time" which is very short.  Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY to stop these constant email notifications?  They are driving me crazy!  I want call, text, alerts but not email.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stop email notifications on Samsung Brightside Basic Phone
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have the Moto X and it is awesome. I looked at my email settings and have good news for you. Once you set up your email account, while in the email apo, select settings and you can uncheck the box under notifications and not receive email notifications. Enjoy your new Moto X.

Doc

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you go into the settings for your Yahoo mail, look for the option to set the email alert to "silent" or "none". 

0 Likes
Stop email notifications on Samsung Brightside Basic Phone
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

There isn't an option for that on my yahoo mail. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted alerts can be frustrating HollyNichols. Let's get to the bottom of stopping these alerts. So that we can troubleshoot correctly, we will need some additional information. Do you have your email set up through a certain application on your Samsung Brightside? If so, have you tried removing the email account to prevent from getting email alerts?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, the email is set up thru Verizon's email app.  I don't want to remove the email account as I DO WANT to receive email on my phone, just don't want the annonying notifications.  I have since spoken with Samsung and they tell me there is no way to stop the notifcations, the phone isn't designed with that option.  I have contacted Verizon to upgrade to a phone that is available for $49 with new contract (I paid more than that for my basic phone when I came to Verizon a few months ago) but am not eligible to upgrade until next Sept.  so I am basically stuck.  I have just added a data plan specifically to send/receive emails on my phone and will probably just cancel the data and not have it.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

I have ordered a new smartphone from Verizon today, the Moto X.  I have been assured email notifications won't be a problem with it.  Expensive lesson.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have the Moto X and it is awesome. I looked at my email settings and have good news for you. Once you set up your email account, while in the email apo, select settings and you can uncheck the box under notifications and not receive email notifications. Enjoy your new Moto X.

Doc

HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks so much, Doc!  I am not very "phone literate" as I have always had a basic one but am looking forward to getting this one.  I appreciate you letting me know this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is some exciting new HollyNichols getting the moto X and it is a great phone with StreetDocRN validating that. If you need any addtional support click the link http://bit.ly/yN1P80 Thanks again and enjoy the new device!

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes