How do I get picture messages when I'm in my extended network area with an LG Decoy?
erin_153

Group texts show up as picture messages, which I can't open when I'm outside the "Verizon network". I get an error message when I tried *228. Once I'm back in the "Verizon network", I can send/receive picture messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get picture messages when I'm in my extended network area with an LG Decoy?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Extended network is limited.  You have basic phone and text (1x) service, but no cellular connection, which is needed for picture and group messaging.  As to how to get the messages when you are in "extended network"?  I think the answer is to wait till you are back on the Verizon network when you have a cellular connection again....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I get picture messages when I'm in my extended network area with an LG Decoy?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Extended network is limited.  You have basic phone and text (1x) service, but no cellular connection, which is needed for picture and group messaging.  As to how to get the messages when you are in "extended network"?  I think the answer is to wait till you are back on the Verizon network when you have a cellular connection again....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
SuzyQ, thanks for helping us support our customers with information regarding the Network Extender. Click http://vz.to/1yA06mr for more information regarding trouble shooting the network extender device that will be helpful.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes