How can I return my Device?
return-device

Hi,

I ordered a basic phone line for my father in the week of Christmas. Upon opening the box, we found that phone was loose in the shipping box and battery bag was ripped. So, we called customer service and the rep was very helpful. She ordered a replacement new device, confirmed there won't be any return (restocking fees etc) for the device and I can activate and use it until I receive the replacement one. Btw, upon activating also found that the ear-piece had issue. The voice coming out was always scratchy.

Upon receiving the replacement device, I went to My Verizon order history to print the return shipping label. I clicked on the button and confirmed all info and clicked on the button to print but it turned out that it pops a new window and blocked by popup blocker. Again, upon returning to the order history, I saw the the button to print again. I thought again, I will have to go to the info page to confirm details. But this time, it just blocked the popup.

Now, I don't get option to re-print. it says, label reprinted date and the tracking number.

I called customer service and the rep told me that I can go to any verizon wireless store and they will process the return. The store says, they can't and if they do, they'll charge re-stocking fees.

Not sure, why can't they send the label in an email or allow to re-print etc.

Any idea if there is any other option?

Thank you

--Pratik

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with return
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi return-device,

We want to help anyway possible! I understand needing to send back the defecitve phone back to us. If you call Customer Service, we can actually send you a free return label.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Hi. I'm not sure why you can't print it again, but it is true that if you return in a store, you'll be charged the $35 restocking fee. I would call customer service and ask for help with the label. Don't wait too long or it may be too late to return. Good luck!

0 Likes
return-device

Hi Sydney,

thank you for your response. there is no option to print it again. now it continues to show tracking number and re-print date. upon searching for more, I found that I'm not alone who's having this issue and it is consistently happening for weeks, if not months.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Create your own FedEx label and pay for it out of your pocket. By doing this it will cost you roughly 6 bucks to send it back but then you get control over the contract for shipping. You can launch the investigation when Verizon says they have not received it, or you can provide the weighed shipping label once the box was in FedEx's hands so when Verizon claims the box was empty you have other proof. You can also add insurance to it so if anything really does happen you are not charged.

0 Likes
return-device

Hi Jackman1,

I don't mind sending it myself either...the only issue is the the return address. I got different one from store vs in one of the videos in support section vs online.

There wasn't any return label in the box or any instruction about what should the return address be.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Gotcha. I believe there are many different return centers throughout the country and am not sure if it needs to be returned to a specific one or if any can accept it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi return-device,

We want to help anyway possible! I understand needing to send back the defecitve phone back to us. If you call Customer Service, we can actually send you a free return label.

ElizabethE_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Please send a label for return equipment to my email @ [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] I would like to retrun a route. that came with no label to retrun.
firestation33

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hi return-device,

ElizabethE_VZW

Please send return label to email @ [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] I have the old route, the new one

was sent with no return label. Thank You, Steve

0 Likes