How can I help my LG Cosmos Touch?
macenor

In January  of this year, my mom used a phone renewal to get me a the LG Cosmos Touch. A few days later I started having problems with the phone without any damages to the phone at all. So I called Verizon and the assistant sent an update to my phone that fixed it for a few days. But two weeks later the problems continued, I called Verizon and said  the phone would reset occasionally after I  closed the keyboard after a  text message started sending, and the phone sent messages to the wrong contacts occasionally as well. To fix this they sent me a new LG Cosmos Touch. A few days later the say problems with the last phone started.  I called Verizon and had told the man my experiences since January. He told me since I had already sent in a phone and received an update that if I attempted to send the phone in another time they would find nothing wrong, then charge me money for a replacement because they found nothing wrong. 

Since then the problems have persisted and more have come as well such as: blacking out when on randomly, resetting overtime I close my keyboard while a message is sending,  and Daily Scoop won't get off my phone.

Is there anything I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I help my LG Cosmos Touch?
Not applicable

Macenor, thank you for posting and welcome to the community! 

We have seen some other reports of the phone power cycling after sending text messages. There appears to be something in the software causing this issue. Our product team is working on a software fix to resolve this issue, but we do not have a date for when this update will be available. For the issue with text sending to wrong people, does this happen with different people? If you look in your text message history does it have the correct name or wrong name it was sent to? 

Also, you will not be charged for returning a device if our warehouse is not able to find anything wrong. You are only charged if there is physical or liquid damage, or if the device is not returned. In this case, because this issue has been reported on other Cosmos Touch devices, it is possible it may occur on a replacement. In this case, I would suggest waiting until the update is pushed to your device. You will receive a prompt on your phone once update available. 

0 Likes
berryden

I received an update tonight, but don't know if the update corrected the power cycling problem or not, because now my phone (LG Cosmos Touch) will not power on completely.  It starts, then freezes with the Verizon Wireless logo on the screen.  I have tried removing the battery and reinstalling, including waiting 30+ minutes with the battery out, and it still freezes.

0 Likes
surf2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can help with Daily Scoop. I have an LG Revere that had it.

I had read on the Customer Reviews (under the LG Revere in the Verizon reviews) that turning off the Daily Scoop was not successful. Many users returned their phones because they were so frustrated by the Daily Scoop.  The Daily Scoop goes into an endless loop .... saying "You are almost done. Get Daily Scoop" but it never arrives. It just keeps scrolling.  When you go into the Daily Scoop>Menu>Options>BonusMsgs>Off, you can make the "Off" turn red but the radio button does not leave the ON position. So choosing Off does not actually shut it off.  Same with the "Bonus Msgs".

I called Verizon tech support. They emailed Daily Scoop to tell them to stop sending "scoops" to my phone. The tech said that she will receive a confirmation in 2 days. Once she receives the confirmation, she will put a "block" on my phone so that Daily Scoop can no longer contact me. But she is doing this for the first time (and after several trips to the supervisor for advice) and is not positive that it will work.

She said the problem is that the app is pre-installed. It doesn't seem to want to be turned off.

Update: The Verizon tech received the confirmation from Daily Scoop. The tech has now put a "block" on my account to stop Daily Scoop. In 48 hours the existing Daily Scoop messages on my phone are supposed to disappear.

2nd Update: Success.  I am no longer receiving Daily Scoop offers on my phone. 2 of the 3 previous entries in my Daily Scoop (Media Center>Browse and Download>Daily Scoop) remained in the phone for 3 days (after the 48 hour waiting period was up).  They constantly scrolled "You are almost done. Get Daily Scoop".  On the 4th day, they disappeared.

0 Likes