Help w Cosmos Touch.... unlock goes straight to "Browse & Download"
lohanso

Hello and thanks to the community for great suggestions! Gggm, this issue has been elevated to the manufacturer for resolution. We hope to see it fixed with the next software update. In the meantime, I really appreciate your patience. 

I have the same issue with my phone ...has a fix been made yet ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help w Cosmos Touch.... unlock goes straight to "Browse & Download"
syrjasonv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue.  Of course no one at Verizon believes it happens but my wife has the same phone and same issues

0 Likes
ackrondeb

I have the same probelm too

0 Likes
copsmom

I, too, have been having this problem since I got the phone in April.  It is very annoying.  Please, Verizon and LG, what are you going to do about it?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Amen! This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
syrjasonv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called VZW about this issue since the local office didn't know what to do.  The CSR said she did see where its been noted before and  all they could do was replace the phone at this time.  So, I was sent a new phone.  I'm 99% sure its not the phone but the sw in the phone, but we'll see. Hoping I'm wrong.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Community for posting and for the feedback!

I would like to advise all that are experiencing the issue with the LG Cosmos Touch unlocking and going to Browse & Download that our Product Support Team has been made aware of this issue.  They are working diligently to provide our customers a fix.

I really appreciate your patience, and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes
asw212

Anthony, as much as I'd like to believe that VZW is "working diligently to provide our customers a fix" I just don't buy it.  A search of this forum and the LG forums will prove that the Browse & Download problem and random phone wake up/light ups from the locked mode have been months long unresolved issues.  See http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/verizon?page=3  and search "browse and download". 

I am a Verizon customer, LG is Verizon's client.  Therefore, I expect Verizon to fix this problem with or without LG and report back to us Cosmos Touch owners individually via email or text.  At the very least, VZW should keeps us abreast of the progress on this issue.  Instead we're just getting the same 'we're working on it' over and over again.  PS: Does "Peggy" run the Product Support Dept?!

0 Likes