Help backing up Escapade phone with no screen!
LNphone

I have an Escapade phone, and the screen is dead (lights up all white), but it still works (can make and receive calls).  I am trying to get my information off the phone before I switch to a new phone.  Only way I can see is backup assistant, which I know I had activated a long time ago, but online shows I do not have it set up.  So I need to know exactly what to enter to install backup assistant on the phone, without being able to see the screen!

(also open to any other options to get my info off the phone!)  thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help backing up Escapade phone with no screen!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LNphone, let’s face it no one memorizes telephone numbers anymore because we rely on the saved contacts on the phone. I would be lost if something were to happen to my contacts so I feel your pain. But don’t worry because I’m here to help!

You mentioned that the screen on your phone is completely white and you are unable to view anything. Unfortunately, without being able to see the screen to navigate through the settings I am unable to assist in getting the Backup Assistant set up on the phone. But not all is lost! You can take your phone into a VZW store and have them transfer the contacts from this phone onto the new one. There is a $20.00 fee but they may waive it because of the issue with the phone and you not being able to set up the Backup Assistant.

You said that you thought you had already set up Backup Assistant but were unable to view them online. You need to make sure you are signing into you’re my Verizon account using your mobile number. This is the only way you will be able to view your contacts.

Let’s try something to see if we can get the screen back. While the phone is powered on remove the battery and leave it off for a minute or two. Reinsert the battery and retest.

If the screen is still white I suggest taking into a VZW store for further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes