GZ ONE Brigade won't sync to phone with Backup Assistant
saltwater

I have the GZ ONE Brigade, and I had to wipe it (or the Verizon Store did).  My Backup Assistant on the computer worked perfectly uploading my phone numbers a few months ago, but it will not download them back into my phone now.  It actually connects to the backup assistant when I start the SYNC process, and the phone shows it connecting.  It just doesn't take any numbers from the backup assistant on the computer, even though it says complete.  Also, it shows it syncing one way (to the computer), but not the other.  I know this because it shows the same six numbers that are already on the phone as sync'ed.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have only used approximately 50 percent of the internal memory usage, and I have loads of usable memory on my SD Card.

Thanks,

Chuck

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GZ ONE Brigade won't sync to phone with Backup Assistant
saltwater

Can I remove this app and re-install it?  It appears to be a corrupt app issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, saltwater!

Let's get those contacts back on your phone! If the website it showing the contacts, then its fairly easy to force them to sync properly. First, remove the Backup Assistant application from the Brigade. After that, simply redownload the application, however do not enter your PIN when requested. You will instead select 'Forgot PIN', then 'Begin as new user' on the following screen. This will have you establish a new PIN (although using the original is just fine), and allow a sync to proceed after the prompts. This allows the Backup Assistant to reconnect to the contacts connected to your mobile number and sync properly. This is a very rare situation, but an easy solution. If the sync fails to bring over your contacts, please reach out to me (AdamE_VZW) via Direct Message so I can help further.

Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
saltwater

I reset the phone to factory default, and then I tried to remove the app.

I chose "Options" under Backup Assistant, then chose "Erase", enter, and

answered "Yes" to the statement of the app having not expired yet, and did

I want to completely erase the app.  It takes me back to the options menu,

and I check the "View Properties", and it still shows info. for the app.  I

then go to "Browse & Download" and Backup Assistant is still there and when

I choose it, It loads the app.  It is not erasing it.

The phone is not damaged in any way, and the Number is (-remove at edit), and

the password for the backup assistant online is (Remove at edit).  It acts like it

sync's from the online backup assistant, and even shows complete, but the

phone doesn't update.  I know it worked previously, because the numbers are

online, and I even checked the account to insure backup assistant was

checked.  It appears simply that the app won't delete.  If I can do this by

connecting with a USB cable to the computer, or if you know another option,

any help would be greatly appreciated.  My wife loves this phone, and

otherwise it works fine.  By the way, the fellow at the Verizon store tried

also, but wasn't successful either.

Sincerely,

Saltwater

I can give you more info if necessary.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
saltwater

If the sync fails to bring over your contacts, please reach out to me (AdamE_VZW) via Direct Message so I can help further.

I am not sure how to contact you with Direct Message, but I am still in need of help to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
saltwater

I just signed up for a twitter account and now am following Verizon Wireless Support.  My wife went away until Monday, and I will continue with this issue then, and on Twitter.  Thanks for responding to my post.

Saltwater43

Verizon Customer  for 1.5 years with family

0 Likes
LaughingCabbage

was this issue ever resolved? I have the same EXACT problem. this is my second time through this problem. I'v had my casio brigade phones replaced a total of 5 times due to software problems one of which was to solve this problem.

0 Likes
superkid

can the casio boulder be on a prepay account??????????? i was told 4 times it could be!!!!!!!!!!!!! and 4 times it can not be................ i am very angry about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my sister called verizon any they said their is no reason why it can not be prepay!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is not a smart phone.............. all i wanna do is use my prepay account on the boulder and take this cheap phone back to walmart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  can someone get the boulder on my prepay account for me????????????????????

0 Likes
superkid

hi adame-verizon can the casio boulder be on prepay

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there Laughingcabbage!

Wow I'm really surprised you're still experiencing this difficulty. It's so important to be able to seemlessly backup and restore you contacts when needed.

I triple checked all of my resources and I don't see this issue being referenced any longer.  Perhaps we need to reset your Backup assistant profile?

Let us know if you would like to start from scratch with Backup Assistant (we won't lose your contacts).

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes