Every basic phone Verizon offers is a downgrade from the env 3
concertguitar

I was told the available 'replacement' for the LG env3 is the Samsung Intensity.  Sorry, it's not as good, not even close.  1.3 mpx camera compared to a 3.0?  one screen instead of 2?  

The motive is clear.  Greed.  Verizon wants people to upgrade and buy a more expensive phone and data plan.   I am way overdue for a free phone but I had to buy a replacement env3 from Amazon.  It meets my needs, I don't want or need a smart phone and a $100/mo bill.   On the env3, I can use the basic web browser to google, look at weather radar, get email, etc.... it meets my needs.   I hope they don't screw me somehow and discontinue the basic mobile web. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Every basic phone Verizon offers is a downgrade from the env 3
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Of all the basic phones, the Intensity 3 is probably the closest. It is a 2 mp camera on that model (the Intensity 2 has a 1.3 mp), but neither have flash. The EnV3 has arguably the best camera on a feature phone, so you probably made the right choice in ordering a replacement EnV3.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I understand your concerns about the phones. Noone is really buying feature phones anymore. You have grabdparents getting smartphones now. In its heyday the env line was hard to beat.  But manufacturers are going that route. If you like that phone just keep ordering frim 3rd parties.  But I will warn I dud hear something of a rumor that mobile web on feature phones may be going away?

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

I have the Samsung Brightside and I have not had a single problem with it. I have had the same phone for almost 2 years and everything work greats including the Opera Mini Web browser! Comparing to to the Env3 which I had before I got the Brightside, there are pros and cons to both, but the pros out weighed the cons for me getting the Brightside.

0 Likes
anvictm

Thanks I needed to hear that, I had the EVN-3 before getting a Smart-Ass phone.  I now am using a basic phone that barely works.  I had the EVN-3 before my son talked me into the Smart phone.  It was a Droid, it hated me and I really dislike it.  I am going on Amazon right now and purchasing my old faithful EVN-3.

Have A Great Day-:)

0 Likes