Env3: How do I disable group sms repsonses being sent to the entire group?
karnivor

Every time there is a bonfire or vball game I send a huge message to 30 of my contacts

The problem: people that respond to the huge message, have their message forwarded to all the people that were sent the original text. Some of my friends don't want everyone's responses so how do I disable their response being sent to the entire group?

I found the two secret service menus online and am just looking for anything to help me out. Please help

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Env3: How do I disable group sms repsonses being sent to the entire group?
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

I would be curious to know if you can do a blind carbon copy in texting like you do on a computer.  I looked in the text settings for my ENV3 and don't see anything indicationg it can be done so I am guessing you would have to send the text one by one and not a group one.  I bet on smart phones though there is  way.  Mary

0 Likes
Re: Env3: How do I disable group sms repsonses being sent to the entire group?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Karnivor, 

I can imagine how frustrating it is for your contacts to have to worry about who gets the reply.  I can confirm that the type of device they have is what determines if everyone will receive a reply.  Every phone sends the reply in a different way.  I know that iPhones definitely will send back a message to all users as well as certain Android phones.  If you spoke to all the people in the group some will probably confirm that their messages do not go to everyone.  I wish I had a list of the difference in devices but it is something you and your group may want to review further.  They can always generate a new message directly to you if their phone is affected by this.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes