Re: EnV Touch Update
KlineAJ
To PhillyPhone: Q:I have a question that really is not related. I have the touch with version 04 and I have tried to use the LG mobile updater and I do it all and It gets to the upgrade part and says that my version is not supported. If anyone can help me with this I will appreciate it greatly. A: The reason for this is because your only able to update to V09 through V08. Go to your Verizon Wireless Corporate store to have it updated to V08 so you can update to V09. Note to all, due to forum rules and regulations I am unable to post a battery tutorial sorry folks.
0 Likes
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

I've noticed a couple of things with the 09 release

1 - Using BT stereo headphone with the music player there is a hum that is sent through the BT signal (it stops when paused).

2 - When recieving a text message the music player stops playing - I was hoping this would be fixed like the music player on an enV3

3 - I also noticed that the music player doesn't sort properly i.e. : 01-01, 01-02 , 01-03, 02-01, 02-02, 02-03 comes out as: 01-01, 02-01, 01-02, 02-02, 01-03, 02-03.  The music player on the enV3 does not do this either.

Do you know if this will be fixed in a future release?

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Likes
KlineAJ

To  

I've noticed a couple of things with the 09 release

1 - Using BT stereo headphone with the music player there is a hum that is sent through the BT signal (it stops when paused).

2 - When recieving a text message the music player stops playing - I was hoping this would be fixed like the music player on an enV3

3 - I also noticed that the music player doesn't sort properly i.e. : 01-01, 01-02 , 01-03, 02-01, 02-02, 02-03 comes out as: 01-01, 02-01, 01-02, 02-02, 01-03, 02-03.  The music player on the enV3 does not do this either.

Do you know if this will be fixed in a future release?

Thanks Smiley Happy

A: 1) That is odd that is happening to you. I am not experincing the same issue so it may be hardware related with that.

2) The reason why the music player stops it to alert you of a text message, this is just the preference of the phones programming.

3) Perhaps the acutal files names are diffrent then the ones on display, open your phones files and make sure no commas or anything is infront of the title. Remember, the EnV 3 is set up almost the same as the EnV Touch through brew, only diffrence is the Touch interface. So if one can do it so can the other.

I do not know of any future releases anytime soon. However rumors of V10 are saying it may come out next month with futher UI updates, however LG has not released any official correspondace to me supporting that.

0 Likes
KlineAJ

There is some confusion it seems on the forum of what is the newest firmware version. It is V09

0 Likes
brokenarrow

Do you know if this new update that you spoke of, has been released to the Verizon stores.  I liked my "touch up until about three weeks ago when it started resetting itself several times a day & the touch screen would not allow viewing of incoming calls while on another call. I had to open the phone to see who was calling, etc.  I tried going to the LG updater online, but it said there was no support.  My phone is less than 3 moms old.

0 Likes
Re: EnV Touch Update: Polaris7 Bugs
jaabubby

I echo the same sentiment about my EnV Touch phone as well.  What's up with the constant resetting? I am running V09 with the Polaris7 Browser and it constantly resets my phone during browsing sessions.  It also labors to process web pages even though it's based on WebKit topologies. Vexing indeed!  My phone also turns itself off for no apparent reason while sitting idle. This is my fourth version of the phone as well and I know there are rumbling of the next firmware version in the works, but will it even address these issues? Is there a hardware limitation for this phone as well that the software cannot address?  Is the software too much for the processor or is it blowing the memory allocated to run it? Again, vexed...

0 Likes
NYDB

Where do I find the LG Updater Tool?  And is this ok to do according to Verizon??

0 Likes
Kewlzipity

Will this update help all of us who can't hear the ringer?

0 Likes
derbyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm on the kv04 firmware yet and my phone has been resetting the wallpaper touschreen settings and all that good garbage when I power it on.  Ive read a firmware update will fix it...I downloaded the LG updater.  It downloads the update but then It says Version is not supported.  If I take the phone to a verizon store can they do they update?

0 Likes
cthunder067
Contributor - Level 1

derbyguy wrote:

I'm on the kv04 firmware yet and my phone has been resetting the wallpaper touschreen settings and all that good garbage when I power it on.  Ive read a firmware update will fix it...I downloaded the LG updater.  It downloads the update but then It says Version is not supported.  If I take the phone to a verizon store can they do they update?

Yes they will upgrade you to the lastest which is kv09.

Good Luck

0 Likes