Re: EnV Touch Update
KlineAJ

To Aero555:

Sorry for the inconvience with the bluetooth problem, perhaps it will be addressed in the next update. Also what do you mean by correction?

0 Likes
SFVera

VX11KV09 is now out for the LG EnV Touch, fixes some problems with communication and makes the phones processing overall faster. Available through the LG Updater tool.

~ Alexander
Specialty: LG EnV Touch ask me if you got a question!
Upgrade your LG EnV Touch to Version VX11KV09!
I'm a newbie to Verizon, just got my Touch two weeks ago, LOVE IT.  I saw this thread and checked my phone, I have the sw version vx11kv07 but when I selected the software update it says my phone is up to date.  Since I'm not having problems with the phone (except the short battery life which I understand is typical) do I need this update?  And, if so, why isn't my phone loading it?
Thanks!
0 Likes
LadyDay

I am also a newbie to the LG EnV Touch but have been with Verizon for many years.  With regard to this update, my phone currently shows SW version VX11KV05.  When I go to Software update it says "No New Software Update Available".  Do you know why this is?

Also, on another note... if I am checking my (yahoo) email from my phone and someone has sent me a picture, how can I download the pic and save it to my phone??

0 Likes
Aero555

Clarification on my earlier post(s).

On 3/11 I went to my local Verizon store to upgrade my S/W to what I thought would be the latest and greatest version. My phone was at version 4 (VX11KV04). It was upgraded to version 8 (VX11KV08) which I thought was the latest version.

Apparently 9 is out and can be acquired somewhere. I tried just now to upgrade from the phone but get "No New SW Update Available". Perhaps some of the Verizon stores have the 9 software. I guess mine didn't.

As mentioned, I found some improvements with version 8, but still have the Bluetooth Lockout issue. Will try to hunt down version 9

Thanks again to Alex and everyone else for their suggestions and willingness to share information.

James

0 Likes
KlineAJ

To  SFVera:

Q:

I'm a newbie to Verizon, just got my Touch two weeks ago, LOVE IT.  I saw this thread and checked my phone, I have the sw version vx11kv07 but when I selected the software update it says my phone is up to date.  Since I'm not having problems with the phone (except the short battery life which I understand is typical) do I need this update?  And, if so, why isn't my phone loading it?
Thanks!
A: Well first off welcome to the LG EnV Touch family and Im glad you like it. Now the reason why you are not seeing the newest version in the software update is that these updates are too large to be OTA (over the air) updates as it may corrupt the phone if you lose signal. Now you ask if you need this update, well it depends on you, do you use the browser at all? If so then yes you do. Hope the answers it all!
To  LadyDay:
Q:am also a newbie to the LG EnV Touch but have been with Verizon for many years.  With regard to this update, my phone currently shows SW version VX11KV05.  When I go to Software update it says "No New Software Update Available".  Do you know why this is?

Also, on another note... if I am checking my (yahoo) email from my phone and someone has sent me a picture, how can I download the pic and save it to my phone??

A: Welcome again to the EnV Touch Family, the reason why you are getting that display is because these update files are to large for a OTA (over the air) update, therefore only a store or the LG Mobile updater is the only way to update the phone. Your email question, I am not qualified to ask however I do have the app so I do have some experience, unfortunately the mobile email program isn't so adaptable and I'm afraid it can't operate attachments. So your phone cant download it.

To  Aero555:

Q: 

Clarification on my earlier post(s).

On 3/11 I went to my local Verizon store to upgrade my S/W to what I thought would be the latest and greatest version. My phone was at version 4 (VX11KV04). It was upgraded to version 8 (VX11KV08) which I thought was the latest version.

Apparently 9 is out and can be acquired somewhere. I tried just now to upgrade from the phone but get "No New SW Update Available". Perhaps some of the Verizon stores have the 9 software. I guess mine didn't.

As mentioned, I found some improvements with version 8, but still have the Bluetooth Lockout issue. Will try to hunt down version 9

Thanks again to Alex and everyone else for their suggestions and willingness to share information.

James

A: Version 9 is only acquirable by the LG Mobile Updater at this time, sorry for the inconvience and your welcome for the information!

PS: Give me Kudos if it really helped you out!

0 Likes
SFVera

KlineAJ wrote:

To  SFVera:

Q:

Thanks!
A: Well first off welcome to the LG EnV Touch family and Im glad you like it. Now the reason why you are not seeing the newest version in the software update is that these updates are too large to be OTA (over the air) updates as it may corrupt the phone if you lose signal. Now you ask if you need this update, well it depends on you, do you use the browser at all? If so then yes you do. Hope the answers it all!
PS: Give me Kudos if it really helped you out!

Thanks for the info.  I do use the internet and would use it more if it were easier on this phone, so I'll take it to the store for the upgrade.

I have a question about the battery.  I realize not all apps are equal when it comes to using power.  As an example, leaving the blue tooth on or using the internet drains more power than regular calls but this week I stopped using the internet and turned off the blue tooth and the best I got from the extended life battery is 4 hours, along with the standby time.  Is there another way to reduce the battery drain?  Or could my extended battery be defective?  I'm using the standard battery as a backup but 6 hrs of charging is a lot of time (2 for the standard battery, 4 for the extended life) every day or every other day.

0 Likes
KlineAJ

I have tested both batteries and the drainage is varied by what apps you do use. Have you tried turning off your location on and use only E911 for the gps location? If not try that (VZ Navigator will turn it back on when you use it) also what kind of service do you get where you use your phone most often, full bars? If not your phone can be increasing its broadcast of radio emissions so that it reaches a tower. I may be creating an increase your battery tutorial for this site but I need permission first before I do so. Try draining your battery completely then recharging. Hope these little tidbits work till I get the battery tutorial accepted.

0 Likes
SFVera

KlineAJ wrote:

I have tested both batteries and the drainage is varied by what apps you do use. Have you tried turning off your location on and use only E911 for the gps location? If not try that (VZ Navigator will turn it back on when you use it) also what kind of service do you get where you use your phone most often, full bars? If not your phone can be increasing its broadcast of radio emissions so that it reaches a tower. I may be creating an increase your battery tutorial for this site but I need permission first before I do so. Try draining your battery completely then recharging. Hope these little tidbits work till I get the battery tutorial accepted.

Thanks for the tips, I checked my settings and I only have the E911 on.  I leave the phone on 24/7 and so far have gotten full bars.  I'm lettingt the battery drain completely and will try the recharge.  I sure hope they give you permission to post your battery tutorial, it would be a real help.  I will say keeping the blue tooth off unless I'm actually using it has made a huge difference. 

Went to the Verizon store and got the new software.  To be honest, I don't notice any difference and the guy at Verizon said it was mostly fixes.  In any case, I'm just happy the new software didn't bring any glitches with it. 

I know this is off topic for this thread but I can't get my email alert to work.  It did work the first few days and I must have done something to turn it off when I was learning the other settings.  I can't get it to work again.  When I'm in my email I selected options, setting and selected notify when new emails but it doesn't.  Besides selecting the setting in the email is there another setting I have to turn on?

0 Likes
KlineAJ

I cant really help with the email ask another member I'm sure they can help but yes turning off bluetooth does help the battery immensely, and hopefully I'll be getting a response soon.

0 Likes
phillyphone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a question that really is not related.  I have the touch with version 04 and I have tried to use the LG mobile updater and I do it all and It gets to the upgrade part and says that my version is not supported.  If anyone can help me with this I will appreciate it greatly.

0 Likes