Re: EnV Touch Update
KlineAJ

Please note that the LG updater has yet to be releasing the new software again. The only official way of getting this update is through a Verizon store.

0 Likes
KlineAJ

This update also fixes some problems with the touch screen and using certain websites. Many websites are now compatible.

0 Likes
KlineAJ

If you got Version 08 tell us what you think of it!

Example:

The good: Great new browser

And

The Bad: T9 still was not fixed properly.

Add a comment too if you want!

0 Likes
realcap

Does the 09 update fix the screen freeze while texting?  I'm on my 4th Env Touch phone and all have this problem.  If this does not fix the problem, any suggestions other than to take the battery out to reset?

0 Likes
Zel0

Does anyone know if vx11kv08 is compatible with the enV touch hw version rev 1.0?

I'm going to call around to the vzw stores to see who might have it....

0 Likes
bradjs73

I went to a Verizon store on Saturday and updated my phone and my wife's from v04 to v08.  My wife's phone is working fine, but mine reboots anytime I try to start the browser.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
KlineAJ

To realcap:

Q:smileyvery-happy:oes the 09 update fix the screen freeze while texting?  I'm on my 4th Env Touch phone and all have this problem.  If this does not fix the problem, any suggestions other than to take the battery out to reset?
A: This update does address certain memory problems that may cause freezing so yes it may help.

To Zel0:

Q:

Does anyone know if vx11kv08 is compatible with the enV touch hw version rev 1.0?

I'm going to call around to the vzw stores to see who might have it....

A: Yes it is compatible with the hardware version rev 1.0 and all other HW versions for the LG EnV Touch.

To bradjs73:

I went to a Verizon store on Saturday and updated my phone and my wife's from v04 to v08.  My wife's phone is working fine, but mine reboots anytime I try to start the browser.  Any ideas?

It seems your wifes phone has been successfully updated yours however sounds like it was pulled a bit too early or certain files were not properly loaded down onto the phone, you can do a master reset that is known to fix this issue as it wipes certain memory keeps. To do this click menu,settings,phone settings, security,restore default.

If that does not work then try the master default

Note this may cause lose of contacts,downloads,etc. Back it up on a SD card.

If that still does not work take it to your local Verizon Corporate store to have them give you a certified refurbished phone. Sorry for the problems you are having with your phone!

0 Likes
bradjs73

Thanks Alexander.

I already tried "Reset Default" and "Restore Phone".  Is that what you meant by "Master Default" or is that something else?

If it is missing files, will the Verizon store be able to "re-update" the phone and fix the problem?  Or roll me back to V07?

Thanks,

Brad

0 Likes
Aero555

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for sharing all this good information.

Any news about a fix to the Bluetooth lockout? This is if you have a prompt on your phone indicating you have a new text msg, missed call, etc you cannot intiate or answer a call with your bluetooth device until that message prompt is cleared. Unholdering, pushing the button, sliding up, and clearing the prompt is a safety issue when driving. Pulling over to do so is a hassle. Missing calls because of this is a drag.

Regards,

James (Aero)

0 Likes
KlineAJ

To bradjs73:

Q:

Thanks Alexander.

I already tried "Reset Default" and "Restore Phone".  Is that what you meant by "Master Default" or is that something else?

If it is missing files, will the Verizon store be able to "re-update" the phone and fix the problem?  Or roll me back to V07?

Thanks,

Brad

A: Yes thats what I mean by master default. Seems some intergrated softwares been corrupt, what youll have to do is go to a Verizon store and have them reflash it, tell them you want it recovered if they give you troubles.  I don't believe they can reflash it to V07 as thats not the newest version. If you are bitpim savvy then you can open your phones brew tree find the obigio file and delete it and that should restore the browser.

To  Aero555

Q:Hi Alexander,

Thanks for sharing all this good information.

Any news about a fix to the Bluetooth lockout? This is if you have a prompt on your phone indicating you have a new text msg, missed call, etc you cannot intiate or answer a call with your bluetooth device until that message prompt is cleared. Unholdering, pushing the button, sliding up, and clearing the prompt is a safety issue when driving. Pulling over to do so is a hassle. Missing calls because of this is a drag.

Regards,

James (Aero)

A: You should be able to clear it by pushing the answering button on your bluetooth device but perhaps the update does address this issue however I don't believe it is. I know it does update bluetooth connections so the quality is better. Sorry for a not direct response.

0 Likes