EnV 3 Problems--HELP
NJKnick29

I bought my EnV 3 on December 2009. It worked perfectly well for a month or two, then started shutting off on its own.

Today (04/01/2011), my phone shut off, yet again..However, it would not turn back on. I plugged it into the charger and the phone did turn on. Here's the biggest issue though: When I unplug my phone from the charger, it turns off and will not turn back on. Solutions??

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: EnV 3 Problems--HELP
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Solutions?:

1) Try a new battery - you can get one inexpensively through online accessory stores - shop for OEM batteries and low prices.

2) Clean the contacts, use pieces of paper or cardstock to make a tight fitting connection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

NJKnick29 wrote:

I bought my EnV 3 on December 2009. It worked perfectly well for a month or two, then started shutting off on its own.

Today (04/01/2011), my phone shut off, yet again..However, it would not turn back on. I plugged it into the charger and the phone did turn on. Here's the biggest issue though: When I unplug my phone from the charger, it turns off and will not turn back on. Solutions??

Try doing a battery pull for about a minute and then try turning it back on. If you're the primary line on the account, you would have one last annual upgrade available to use.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Solutions?:

1) Try a new battery - you can get one inexpensively through online accessory stores - shop for OEM batteries and low prices.

2) Clean the contacts, use pieces of paper or cardstock to make a tight fitting connection.
0 Likes
aleogue

Nick i only have one thing to tell you!

GET A NEW PHONE!!!!!

I have had FOUR EnV 3 phones FOUR!!! And all died on me, first few mths, 2nd few weeks, 3rd few hrs, 4th few mths again!!!

I give up, i suggest the LG Octave, as it has all the features the EnV 3 does, but hopefully NONE of the problems!

0 Likes
obrudder

I have two env touches for my kids, both don't work well, they shut off , they are finicky about recharging and they won't start or boot unless I (believe it or not) cool the devices over an AC vent.

Previously i had an lg flip phone and when i opened it it broke in half. I would avoid any LG cell phones and if you still have a warranty return it.

0 Likes
obrudder

LG needs to recall and fix or replace this phone

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

obrudder wrote:

I have two env touches for my kids, both don't work well, they shut off , they are finicky about recharging and they won't start or boot unless I (believe it or not) cool the devices over an AC vent.

Previously i had an lg flip phone and when i opened it it broke in half. I would avoid any LG cell phones and if you still have a warranty return it.

I definitely understand your frustration with the issues you are having with your kid's phone. 

Have you checked to make sure the phones have the most current software version? The most current software version is 

VX11KV11.

To check the software version:

From the main screen, tap Menu :

Tap Settings & Tools

Tap Phone Info

If you do not have the current version you can update as follows:

From the main screen, tap Menu :

Tap Settings & Tools

Tap Phone Info

Tap Software Update

Tap Status or Check Now

If you do have the current software version or continue to have issues after the update please let us know so we can further assist you.

0 Likes
jutrasmegan

I have the same problems with my phone, every time I turn around my phone is off and the battery is charged. I have the most current software so now I am not sure what I should do about. I am getting very frustrated with this phone and ready to throw it away and get a new one. Please let me know what I can do.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

This thread is over a year old. I would call Verizon from another phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jutrasmegan!

I'm sorry that you are having issues with the phone powering off! Was the phone exposed to any water or physical damage? How long have you had the phone for? Our phones do come with a one year warranty. If you are still within that timeframe, we can replace the phone. Let us know!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes