Email pictures from my computer to my LG EnV Touch
tlh95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am able to email from my computer using Outlook 2007 to my phone but the pictures aren't in them.  I don't get any errors, they just aren't attached to the message even though I'm attaching jpg files.  I've checked the size of the photos and they are smaller kb than ones that have been texted to me so I'm not sure what the problem is.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email pictures from my computer to my LG EnV Touch
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sending the email you your-10-digit-phone-number@vzwpix.com?

You said you are attaching the picture; can you try by embedding the picture in the email message itself?  Normally, I just attach the jpg file and it works, but you ca try embedding as well.

0 Likes
tlh95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I'm using my whole 10 digit phone number @ vzwpix.com and I've tried attaching and embedding the picture but neither one comes through.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK--a few more questions, since the process doesn't seem to be the issue.

What phone are you having the problem with?  Just re-read the title, d...uh!   Is there a data block on the line?  Can you receive picture messages from other phones?

Other possibilities that may be factors - is there a signature attached to your outgoing Outlook email?  Have you tried sending via webmail (like a yahoo or gmail account)?

I apologize for what sounds like an inquisition, but the details and answers may help narrow down what the problem is...

Message was edited by: SuzyQ

0 Likes
tlh95
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problem, I appreciate your help. 

There isn't a data block on the line because I checked and I can receive pictures from other phones plus I can download stuff. 

I don't have a signature on my outgoing Outlook email either. 

I tried using gmail and it worked fine, thank you for that suggestion.  Obviously the problem is with Outlook and not my phone.  Verizon tried to tell me my phone is broken and I need a new one.

If you can think of what might be going on with Outlook that would be great.  But if not, I can use gmail at least now so I have a way to send pics to my phone.  Thanks again for all your help.

Tammy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tlh95 wrote:

... I tried using gmail and it worked fine, thank you for that suggestion.  Obviously the problem is with Outlook and not my phone...

Webmail like gmail and yahoo, you are logging in and using the mail server directly.  Outlook is simply an "interface" and provides a link to the webmail/email service.  You don't have "outlook" email, you access your email (yahoo, gmail, work email, etc) through Outlook.  So there could be any number of steps along the way where the picture/attachment is not getting through to vzwpix.com

Using the email/webmail program directly, as you found, DOES work.  I'm glad it did work for you!  I don't use Outlook much - I prefer to go directly to the email itself.

0 Likes
tlh95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your right, I hadn't thought of that being the reason Outlook didn't work or I could've tried my email provider directly.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate all your help.

Have a wonderful day Suzy!  Tammy