Earpiece Not working for Samsung Gusto
Maarigard
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a basic Samsung Gusto flip phone and the earpiece is not working.  I can make and receive phone calls fine using a headset, but without the headset, I can not hear the dial tones nor anyone calling me.  I hear the power on tones and the incoming ringtone, but I can not hear the incoming telephone caller nor can I hear any of the volume or ringtone settings when I select the PLAY option.  Is this a hardware problem with the earpiece or should I try resetting the phone software?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Earpiece Not working for Samsung Gusto
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How long have you had the device?

0 Likes
Maarigard
Enthusiast - Level 2

2 years

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Unless you pay for insurance every month, it's probably just time to upgrade devices. You can however try all means to fix it, factory reset, but it might just be time to let it go.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to hear out of your phone is something that should most definitely work. We are here to help in any way that we can. Do you have any type of case on the phone? Do you have insurance that you pay for each month on the device by chance? Please let us know so we can work towards a resolution together.

ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes