Re: Do you need a data plan for the LG enV3?
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

No bug with the phones as I know many people that have this phone with no data.  Are you going to a cooperate store or best buy or something?  Don't go to a kiosk type verizon store go to a regular cooperate store.  Also call customer service at 611 from a different phone and see what they say.  You are getting people that are abviously not trained right is what I think.  Just talked to another friend that got one off ebay a few weeks ago and she didn't even have to go in she said 611 activated it right from the phone.  Mary

0 Likes
deppgirl

No it wasn't best buy it was a Verizon Wireless store with Verizon Wireless people. It wasn't a kiosk either. Oh well. Thanks anyway Smiley Happy

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

You need to go to a different store and ask maybe 2 more stores.  Did you call 611 from a different phone and what did they say?  Something is not adding up as it's not hard to activate this phone without data.  Mary

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

We have 2 env3's on my account the most recent was added back about 3 weeks ago. They need to be activated with a data plan and then the data plan removed. It can be done online or over the phone.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Obviously the store she is going too the workers don't know how to handle it I guess.  I think if she calls 611 from sa different phone they will get it activated with no data.  Mary

0 Likes
deppgirl

Thank you. Can you remove the data online or do you have to call for that?

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Why not just call 611 and have them activate and take care of it all.  When  I went into a store it took them all of 5min to do it.   Mary

0 Likes
deppgirl

Well I don't have the phone at the moment. When my friend gave it to me to use and it wouldn't activate without data I gave it back to her. I figured there was no sense in me keeping it when I can't activate it without data. So because I don't have it at the moment I'd rather see what my options are in the mean time. (Plus i'm one of those people where if I can do it online I'd rather do that then call or go into the store)

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Ok if you get it back just call 611 from a different phone and have them activate it, they should have been able to in the first place unless maybe it was someone new that didn't know anything.    I don't understand why you would have so much trouble activating it when it doesn't require data.  At the store they know exactly how to do it and it takes 5min but in our small town we have a verizon store practially on every corner so I pass by one all the time and don't have to drive far.  The location I go to has such excellent customer service and will bend over backwards for you to get things done so I am lucky when I hear all these complaints that people have.  Mary

0 Likes