Do not get Cosmo II if you use Family Locator
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like it says in the subject, the Cosmo II apparently has a terrible GPS antenna. I have 2 new ones and to get a GPS location I have to take them outside and even out of their holders to get a GPS track for Family Locator. If they are under the thinnest of any material they will not pick up a GPS signal. Gonna drop my Family Locator service so I guess you lose out on that money Verizon. My 3 year old Samsung flip phone and the 2 five year old flip phones I had before the Cosmos worked even in all buildings, no problem, for the GPS track.

Also, kudos to Verizon making this site so impossible to post to. First I got a message that the URL will never be completed. This after clicking on the forums link from my verizon account page. I had to manually truncate the web address and then when I logged in I get a message that I have to accept a one time password change. ???? So then I get an email that says, "We have received a request to reset your password. If you have requested to reset your password, please follow the instructions below. If you do not wish to reset your password, simply disregard this message." However the system requested that I had to reset my password. And I just set it back to the old password so it did nothing to help me. Junk website. Junk Cosmo phones.

Why do I put up with this? Cheapest service for what I need, which is just voice and text and basic phones. If you need more than that, I guess go elsewhere.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Do not get Cosmo II if you use Family Locator
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what I've found is that if I keep the screen active, like press a key at least every 30 seconds, the Family Locator will GPS locate the phone. Found this out by just trial and error last week.

Today as my son and daughter were traveling to their college and I was able to see her GPS location but his was just a general location by cell phone towers, and they both have Cosmo 2's. He was driving and not using his. She was texting.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Considering 90% of all new phones bought from Verizon are smartphones I'm sure this isn't a worry for most.

0 Likes
goofy173

What a completely worthless reply. But that's your MO. Furthermore, what type of phone makes no difference when you read LG's response below.

Anyway, Verizon does not care or they would have responded to my support request by now so they are going to lose my extra $10 a month for the service starting today.. LG did respond, and blames Verizon.  Here's LG's response:

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Dear xxx

I do apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

It seems that this is an issue with the Verizon Family Locator app. Their support forums show many customers having problems with the app on several different model phones.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you again for contacting LG Electronics.

Jason F

<< Edited to remove personal information >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

goofy173 wrote:

Anyway, Verizon does not care or they would have responded to my support request by now

Except this is a customer to customer forum not a support forum so of course they aren't going to reply to your post. Only occasionally will you get a CS rep in here and usually it can take a couple of weeks or more if at all to respond.

0 Likes