Re: Disable Daily Scoop on LG Cosmos 2
crimewatcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my original post, Verizon gave me this address to e-mail about the Daily Scoop problems - vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com

Supposedly they blocked both numbers from the app but it obviously did NOT work.

Both of the two Verizon LG Cosmos (VN251) phones from time to time get messages to sign up for the Daily Scoop. I do NOT want this!

Why can't the app be deleted?

Also, why does this LOCK MY PHONE?

I think this is BS that Verizon forces a third party app on its customers and no way to delete it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crimewatcher, Let's get these messages to stop popping up on your phone. I'm sure this is starting to get very frustrating. I am going to provide you with a link that will give you the step by step guide on how to cancel Daily Scoop: http://vz.to/IZc1S0 You will go to step number 7. I'm confident this will work. If you have further issues please keep us informed.

Thank you,
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Hey_Mikey

Sorry Kevin but this does not work. There is no Menu Option called "Get It Now" available on my Cosmos 2 as specified in the article you linked.  Can I just connect the phone via USB cable and delete the app from the Apps folder or will it just be reinstalled?  As others have reported, these pop apps are a real pain since you cannot use the phone until they finish loading and you dismiss them.  They should NEVER be enabled by default.  The phone should also come with a manual for all these apps so users can decide what, if any, they want to use and can properly manage them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Hey_Mikey. I'm sorry that the steps in Kevin's link were not helpful to you. If you do not have "Get It Now" as an option in your menu, you can follow these steps: Main Menu > Media Center menu > Browse & Download > Daily Scoop > Options > Erase.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Hey_Mikey

Sorry Andrea but there is no such option as "Browse & Download" under the Media Center Menu on my Cosmos 2.  The available options there are 1. Apps  2. Search 3. Mobile Web 4. Music & Tones 5. Pictures.  Under Apps I can select Daily Scoop but there is no delete or erase option unlike all the other Apps found there.  Any other ideas to get rid of this annoyance?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having a hard time removing this application Hey-Mikey. I can understand how frustrating it is to have this pop up constantly but we wont give up. This application may be preinstalled. Try the steps below to turn off the notifications and keep us posted.

1 Launch Daily Scoop: Media Center > Browse & Download menu > Daily Scoop icon.
2 In Daily Scoop: Menu > Options > Verizon Msgs > Off.
3 In Daily Scoop: Menu > Options > Bonus Msgs > Off.

You can also try unsubscribing on the web via the steps below:
1 Go to https://support.mobileposse.com
2 Click Click Here under "Opt-Out".
3 Enter the MDN and email address. Select the reason for unsubscribing. 4 Enter the code in the field and click Submit.

I hope this helps. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Hey_Mikey

Once again the suggested solution is wrong for the Cosmos 2 phone since the menu option "Browse & Download" does not exist. I am left wondering if anyone in Customer Service has access to a real Cosmos 2 phone to verify the validity of proposed solutions before posting them to the support forums.  On the Cosmos 2 phone the menu items under "Media Center" off the Main Menu are:  1. Apps  2. Search  3. Mobile web  4.  Music & Tones  5. Pictures.  Option1, Apps, is the same as Option 7, Apps, on the Main Menu and either will provide a screen with all the installed apps.  Unlike all the other Apps listed, Daily Scoop has no item under Options to Delete/Erase the app from the phone's storage.  The available options are 1. Tell a Friend 2. Reorder 3. Add to Folder 4. Sort By     5. Properties  6. Help.  These appear to apply to the Apps application itself although if any other App besides Daily Scoop is highlighted a "Delete" choice is available.  If you do launch Daily Scoop you can then use the Daily Scoop Menu to turn off messages as indicated.  However it is not clear that turning off the messages is permanent as other users have reported they return.  Since I have no need for the app and no plans to ever add a data usage plan I would much prefer to just erase the app and have the memory used by it available for something useful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details Hey_Mikey! I'm very sorry to hear what you see is different from what we show should be working for you. We definitely want to make sure this gets resolved!

Were you able to visit the website provided to opt out instead? The website is https://support.mobileposse.com/. If you choose the option to "Opt-Out" (should be the running man symbol), you can enter your  phone number, email address, enter the code provided, and click "Submit" to process your request to stop alerts from Daily Scoop.

Please keep us posted if this option works for you.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
myhusbandsphone

I agree with Hey_Mikey !  This problem won't go away!  The LG Cosmos (NOT TOUCH) does not have "Browse & Download" or "Get it Now".  I have gone to the mobileposse website and opted out. Will have to see if that works.  Every time I try to set "Verizon Messages" to Off in the settings, it defaults back to ON.

Also,  the app screen pops up several times daily, even when trying to answer an incoming call.  How can I stop this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the issues you have encountered with this application myhusbandsphone! I trust that opting out online will resolve the issue. If you continue to have issues with this application please contact us at vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com for a specialty team dedicated to dailyscoop issues to further assist you.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes