Delete messages on Orbic Journey
wb8nbs

I have a Journey. There are three text messages that won't delete. When I follow the procedure I get a box saying "Delete Locked Message?" with a check box. No matter if I check the box or not the message does not go away. Is there another way to delete?

0 Likes
Re: Delete messages on Orbic Journey
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wb8nbs, getting your messages deleted from your phone should be as easy as 1,2,3. So to see that it's not allowing you to do so is interesting. Let's work together to find out what is going on. 

Were these the steps that you tried:  https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-226018/

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
wb8nbs

That is slightly different. I missed the part about highlight and select the desired message. I was using Delete thread from the options menu. But they still are not deleting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wb8nbs, we understand the importance of managing your device the best way you see fit. Did you just recently start having issues with deleting messages? Have you attempted to restart your device?

-Joshua

0 Likes
wb8nbs

I googled up how to do a factory reset on the Journey. It erased *ALL* the messages. I don't see that as a viable solution to removing locked messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your efforts and want to ensure you can delete your messages, wb8nbs. We wouldn't recommend a factory reset just yet. Let's continue to dig into this and find out what's going on. If the messages are showing locked, have you unlocked the messages and then attempted to delete the messages? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
wb8nbs

It makes no difference if I check the unlock box or not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your attempts, wb8nbs. Let's take a different approach. What happens when you attempt to delete each message individually?

0 Likes