Convoy 2 - Opera mini T9?
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really like the version of opera mini on these phones (says i'm running Version 6.0.0.00069). However, it appears there is no way to enable T9 text entry within Opera. It defaults to multi-tap, which would be fine for a touch screen. However, it means I need to click 1 fifteen or so times to get an apostrophe. That's ridiculous. There are many forums explaining how to turn off 'inline editing' in Opera mini, but Verizon's version does not include this option. The setting is supposed to be found under Menu > Settings > Advanced > Inline Editing > Off.  However, in verizon's version on this phone, the only option under Advanced is "Restore All". Please tell me there's a way to fix this oversight?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Convoy 2 - Opera mini T9?
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

over a month and nothing? guess verizon figured uber-locking down the phone with their own software version was a bigger priority than this feature, huh?

0 Likes
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it safe to assume there is no answer to this? After half a year I've gotten used to having to hit certain buttons 20 times to actually type something inside the web browser. But really, is there no way to fix this?

0 Likes
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

not even a VZW rep mentioning that 'yeah, this was a software design oversight and we have no fix planned'.  I'd give you a little credit at least for confirming the fact.

0 Likes