Convoy 2 Music
GX3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having trouble listening to music from my phone. What do I need to do or who do I have to kill to get some tunes downloaded to my phone. I just got down downloading tunes from my computer to my phone. But, when I checked it said no music found. Nothing on the phone or card memory.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Convoy 2 Music
Not applicable

GX3, I listen to music on my phone all the time and want to make sure we get your phone up and running for music. First, the easiest way to transfer music to the device is by using USB mass storage. Since you stated you have an SD card, this should work for you. To enable USB mass storage:

1. From the main screen, press OK to choose MENU
  2. Select Settings & Tools then press OK
  3. Select Tools then press OK
  4. Select USB Mass Storage then press OK.

After this is completed, you will be able to see what files and folders are showing on your SD card. Since you already synced music over, it is possible the songs are on the card, but just not in the correct folder. The phone will only read the music if on the My Music or My_Music folder (varies slightly on different phones). The folder should already have been created when you first inserted the card in the phone. You also need to make sure there are not additional sub-folders in this folder. Just cut and paste all the tracks from the folder they are currently in and move to the My_Music folder. This will allow them to play on your phone.

Please let me know if you need more explanation or if that does not resolve your issue.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GX3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The did the mass storage USB download. However, the music files are not showing on my card.

Russell H. McKinney

www.twistedgolf2012.com

facebook.com/rhmckinney

" Golf is an Endless Series of Tragedies’, Obscured by an Occasional Miracle!"

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. How did you transfer the music? Did you drag and drop songs or sync via Windows Media Player?

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GX3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes

Russell H. McKinney

www.twistedgolf2012.com

facebook.com/rhmckinney

" Golf is an Endless Series of Tragedies’, Obscured by an Occasional Miracle!"

0 Likes