Chocolate Touch no longer requires data package?
pooky88

I was looking to buy the Chocolate Touch on eBay, and one of the sellers had listed that the Chocolate Touch no longer requires a data package. First off, is that true?

Second, I signed a 2 year contract in October with the enV3 for $59.99/mo talk/text and $9.99 required data. If I were to buy the Chocolate Touch and activate it, and it is true that the data package isn't required, could I then remove the data package from my plan? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Chocolate Touch no longer requires data package?
420uh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've called customer support twice and both reps insist you are wrong.  The chocolate touch REQUIRES  a data plan!  The Chocolate Touch used to be classified as a Multimedia phone, a classification Verizon no longer uses.  It is now considered a smart phone, even if it is showing up as a feature phone when you are upgrading.  They did say that if no data is used for 3 months, only then would they let you drop the data plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

pooky88 wrote:

I was looking to buy the Chocolate Touch on eBay, and one of the sellers had listed that the Chocolate Touch no longer requires a data package. First off, is that true?

Second, I signed a 2 year contract in October with the enV3 for $59.99/mo talk/text and $9.99 required data. If I were to buy the Chocolate Touch and activate it, and it is true that the data package isn't required, could I then remove the data package from my plan? Thank you!

All feature phones (including the Chocolate Touch) can now be activated without a data plan. If you purchase a Chocolate Touch device you will be able to keep your current data plan, change your data plan or remove you data plan. Additionally, you can remove or change your current data plan as it is no longer required for feature phones such as the EnV 3.

Keep in mind that if you remove your data plan, data will be billed on a pay as you go rate of $1.99 per megabyte. For more data plan options please visit us online at the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/planDataOverlay.jsp

0 Likes
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does that mean the LG Versa does not require a data plan too?

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

BranHen wrote:

Does that mean the LG Versa does not require a data plan too?

I'm not sure that the LG Versa ever had a data plan. But from what I've found on Verizon's website, as of around Dec 2009 it does not.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The LG Versa is a Feature and does not require a data plan. You can go pay-as-you-go and pay $1.99 per MB used or added the free data block.

Thanks

0 Likes
420uh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've called customer support twice and both reps insist you are wrong.  The chocolate touch REQUIRES  a data plan!  The Chocolate Touch used to be classified as a Multimedia phone, a classification Verizon no longer uses.  It is now considered a smart phone, even if it is showing up as a feature phone when you are upgrading.  They did say that if no data is used for 3 months, only then would they let you drop the data plan.

0 Likes
derbyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

When viewing the Chocolate Touch on Verizon's website as a CPO version it still says requires data pack of $9.99 or higher.

0 Likes
420uh
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE!!!

I e-mailed Customer Support and here is the 2nd e-mail they sent to me:

Hello again! My name is ***** and I am here to address your data plan inquiry for the Chocolate Touch.  In my original response I advised you incorrectly by telling you a data plan is not needed.  When I read your email the first time I misread the phone you entered into your email.  If you activate a Chocolate Touch you will need to choose one of the following data options in addition to your calling plan:

•        Pay As You Go: There is no monthly fee associated with this plan; however, each kilobyte (KB) used is billed at $0.015 (1.5 cents) or $15.36 a megabyte (MB) (1 MB = 1,024 KB.) .....

•        Unlimited Personal E-mail and Web Feature: This feature is $29.99 monthly access. .....

•        Corporate E-mail feature: $44.99 

Funny thing is, when I look at my choices online for an upgrade, is says data plan starts at $9.99.  So....

0 Likes
derbyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3
Pay as you go for $15.35 per megabyte?! I've never seen that anywhere. If you can use pay as you go it should be $1.99.
0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the information everyone. You may activate a feature phone without a data package. This is including the Lg-Versa and the Chocolate Touch. If you choose to use data (downloading, email, web browsing, etc) on your feature phone with out a data package, you will be charged  $1.99 per megabyte.

If you choose to add a data package to your feature phone, you may add the $10.00 for 75 megabytes per month or $29.99 per month for unlimited data on your phone

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes