Cannot talk to my own Mother in Florida!!!
ericm66
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I call my mother in Florida, she can hear me, but I hear her sporatically or not at all, just dead air...just yesterday I tried to call her three different times, the same thing happened each time, she could hear me, but I couldn't hear her...after the last time, she left me a voicemail, I heard her voice just fine on the voicemail...really gets me po'ed, when VZW's motto is "Can you hear me now?"...answer: no I can't, when it comes to Mom talking to her live! I haven't had trouble with any other callers, and she's in my contact list, of course...why don't I have this problem with other calls? By the way, she's not a Verizon customer, and I'm not calling her landline, it's her cell...I don't know for sure what carrier she has, although I suspect it's Straight Talk, since she mentioned once that she pays $45 a month, and she lives within a short drive from a Wal-Mart... has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot talk to my own Mother in Florida!!!
Not applicable

Please explain to me that your mother using an inferrior carrier is Verizon's fault? If her Straight Talk account isn't using Verizon's network then it's either using at&t's or Sprint's. Why don't you go blame them.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Y'all offered what I was going to say. Most likely Mom's phone/provider

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Try calling her on her landline.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning ericm66,

A dropped call is something that a Verizon Wireless customer is NOT used to experiencing! We work around the clock to ensure that our customers have the absolute BEST wireless experience in the world! I want to refresh our commitment to you, our customer, in providing the world class wireless experience that you have grown to expect from us.

First, I want to verify if your wireless service is responsible for the dropped calls and the audio issue. May I ask what make and model device do you have? Also, what city, state, and zip code are you in? Based on your original posting, I assuming that your mom is the one that's in Florida. I want to verify that you have the most current software on your device. Also, I want to check for any network enhancements that may be taking place in your area. I have provided some steps for you to try as I await your response.

• Verify how many bars of signal that you have on the device.
• Confirm that there isn’t any physical or liquid damage on the phone.
• Turn off Bluetooth and wifi in the settings menu.
• Check for a software update. (Highly recommended if you have a smartphone)
• Perform a battery pull and update the preferred roaming list. (Call *228 send & select option 2.)
• Retest the service.

If you were able to find out what provider that your mom has then that would be great! Once you have completed the steps above then please post your findings just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ericm66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently, things are fine now...found out she has a MetroPCS phone though (NOT Straight Talk)...guess her phone had some kind of issue (?)...thanks for the helpful reply ArnettH. P.S. Had totally forgotten about this post, haven't been on the forums for a while...sorry I took so long to respond!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for letting us know!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't forget to mark the post that helped you out the most so others can benefit from this discussion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes