Can't send text messages? Network problems?
johnnyr860
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having problems sending text messages. I get this message- "message send failed. Network problems." This happens when I try to text certain numbers. For other numbers I am able to send texts but when my friends text me back I do not get the text message yet they tell me the next day they did text me back.

This has been going on for 2 weeks on and off now. I called Verizon tech support but they said there was nothing they could do except wait it out. They said nothing was wrong with my phone because they checked and it was fine. My area has the best service around and I have full bars of service. Anyone have this same problem? How do I fix this? This happened last night and it is happening now again tonight. Starts anywhere from 8 pm to 11 pm and goes on till at least 7am. Yet they checked my phone and I am not blocked or restricted from texting after a certain time. 

Things I have already tried include turning off my phone and removing the battery for 30 seconds. I have tried *228 to have my phone reset and this did no difference. I even deleted all text messages from my phone and cleared all my recent phone calls but this did not help. I heard of other users who have had similar problems before but no fix was found.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send text messages? Network problems?
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

The people you text when you get these error messages, do you get them EVERY time you text them? Because that is the message you get when you have been blocked by someone and try to text them.

Sometimes the network just completely goes out in an area. It's happened to my area plenty of times, and I cannot do anything with my phone for hours, and neither can anyone else in my town with Verizon. In that case, you just have to wait it out, nothing really helps.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I understand how important it is to be able to send and receive text messages. Are you still having this issue? We can try resetting your text messaging on your account to further test the issue. If you still need assistance, can you send me a PM with your name and number?

0 Likes
Kkline1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  It's beyond frustrating as I need this for work.

How do i fix this?

rifenbc
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is probably the 3rd time it has happened to me.  I have never heard of anyone else ever having a problem texting.  This is obviously a Verizon issue.   Most reliable Network my a$$.  Verizon is by far the most expensive, and provides limited data, sometimes sporadic calls, now problems texting...  all for the HIGHEST price around?!!   What is wrong with this situation?

omigosh20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im having the same problem.  Just started today (3/12/19)

rmrggg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue and for me it's that I can't receive or send unless it is an Iphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rmrggg,

Staying connected wherever you are is crucial. We want to make sure you can rely on all aspects of your service. I'll be glad to assist you. What are the city and nearest cross streets to where you are having this issue? When did this begin?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
eflaherty
Enthusiast - Level 1

This morning I was having the same issue. I cant send text messages, also when people send them to me they say fail. I can call, use data but not text

Mmercieca

I am having the same issue. No texts in or out and started this morning.

0 Likes