Can't send or receive picture messages (MMS)
felix402

Starting a few days ago, I suddenly cannot receive or send any picture messages. When I am prompted to receive or send a picture message, it immediately tells me that the message delivery failed and asks me to try again. No matter how many times I try, it never receives or sends the message. I've tried updating my roaming capabilities and it doesn't help either. Any suggestions??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send or receive picture messages (MMS)
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you dial *228 option 1 or option 2?  If you didn't try option 1, try that as it will "reconnect to the network" so to speak, as well as update roaming.

Has your signal type changed recently, from EV to 1X?  Are you in an "extended network"?  Does *86 get you to voice mail or an error message?

If none of this seems to apply, call customer service (from a different phone) at 800-922-0204 and see if they can check the provisioning on your account for text messaging and ensure it is set up properly.

0 Likes
felix402

I've tried option 1 as well and it didn't seem to do much to help. My signal has always been 1X, only very rarely will I see an EV signal, if ever.

0 Likes
papsmear

That happened to me recently and I had to call Verizon support as somehow I had a block on my pic messaging. He couldn't tell me why but unblocked it.

Now though, when I try and send a pic via email I'm getting an annoying message to buy a data plan and it won't let me send if I opt out.

0 Likes
ac22

stop sending these damn emails to me!!!!!

0 Likes