Can't connect my Pantech Hotshot to the computer?
allisoncatherinee

I keep trying to put music on my phone. I can't for some reason. I try to install the USB driver but it doesn't work. It shows up as the F drive when it's suppose to be X & I can't put anything on it. Help?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't connect my Pantech Hotshot to the computer?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When yo click on the F: drive, can you see folders?  Is there one called My Music?  If you can see that, try putting the music files in there.

Do you have a microSD card in the phone?  It may be the best way (or only way) to add music to listen to on the phone.

0 Likes
allisoncatherinee

No there's no folders it's totally empty..How would I put the music on my phone with the microSD card? I do have one of those.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Put the card on the slot on the phone.  The phone should format it or ask to format it, and the format should create the folders needed to store info - My Music, my Pictures, etc.  With the card int he phone, hook up the USB connection, and you should now be able to see the folders on the SD card  - the phone should show up as a drive letter (F maybe - on my computer it just finds the first free drive letter).  If there's a music folder on the card now (after the format), then put the music files in there.  No subfolders, just the files.

Your user manual should also have instructions for this.