Re: Calls going straight to voicemail -- Help!
swazzy

My wife was having this issue with her iPhone 5 and I was going through several things.  Then I looked the issue on line and took her SIM card out, left it out for a while for the phone to reset itself.  SIM card back in and had the same problem.  Then I was looking through her settings again and I just clicked the top button and found the quarter moon was on.  This is the "do not disturb" button.  I reaalize that the quarter moon shows up on the screen at the top when the do not disturb is set to on, but it's just something that a lot of us will miss.  Anyway, I hope it's that simple for you.

0 Likes
campamy

I have a 7 mo old Droid Mini and am having the same problem with calls going straight to voicemail. I receive text messages fine but miss random calls. It started about a month ago just occasionally but now I'd say 75% of calls are not coming through.  Indoors or out driving do not seem to make a difference. My callers say it rings once and goes straight to voicemail. The callers are using land lines as well as cellular lines. I will receive notification via tone and symbol that I have a voicemail and can access the voicemail, but I do not show I have a missed call to anticipate who just left the message. From reading this forum I've checked to make sure calls are not blocked, have done *228, *73, turned the phone off, removed SIM card, turned the phone on, and still having the same problem. The only thing I have not done is a Factory Reset. I read in a previous post in this thread to look for a setting called "General" to "Reset a Network Settings" and that this would not erase all my data, but I don't appear to have this exact setting on the Mini. I do have a Full Factory Reset, which I'd like to avoid if possible. What's going on with the Verizon network? This doesn't appear to be phone related as it's seems to affect all varieties of phones. Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello campamy! I can understand wanting to avoid a Hard Reset on your device. Let's check the network in your area to see if there's anything going on. May I ask what zip code you're in? How long have you had this problem?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

campamy

Thanks Michelle. I live in zip code 27502 and it started at least a month ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

campamy,

Thank you for the additional detail. I show we have coverage in that zipcode. Let's check a quick setting. Go to Settings> More> Mobile Networks. Select the network mode. Ensure the network mode is set to LTE/CDMA. Power the device off and back on and retest. Let us know if a change needed to be made and if you see an improvement in service.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

Check the device for Do Not Disturb settings:

• Settings
  • Do Not Disturb
  • If either Manual or Scheduled are turned ON - then all selections following these settings will be honored. 

The 'quick' way to tell whether or not the phone is in Do Not Disturb mode will be the presence of an icon resembling a 'crescent moon' in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

0 Likes
Cliophile
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues as so many people in this community forum. My iPhone 4 does not ring, nor does it show missed calls -- phone calls go straight to voicemail, if someone bothers to leave a voicemail. I've had emergencies in which family members are unable to reach me and understandably assume I'm just not picking up the phone. This has been a problem for about 10 months.

So Verizon customer service suggested I purchase, at no small cost, an iPhone 5 to solve the problem. The problem continues, even on this brand new phone. With both the new iPhone 5 and the old iPhone 4 I spent several hours dealing with customer service, getting exactly the same advice everyone here has received (*228, *73, turned the phone off, make sure there is no do not disturb activated, turned the phone off & on, factory reset, dump all apps except those that already come on the phone, etc etc).

The most surprising thing is that every single customer service representative acts *shocked* when I mention this problem -- but then I go to this forum and it turns out to be quite a widespread problem. I do think it is acting in incredibly bad faith to pretend that this is an isolated problem, or that someone has broken their phone (as one representative suggested above) when clearly this is a Verizon service problem that has begun occurring for many many people in the last year or so. I never had any problems before this, and will certainly switch to another carrier asap, and tell everyone I know to do the same.