Re: Calls going straight to voicemail -- Help!
Jeremy_Goodrich

Has this issue been resolved for you YTD?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@IAmWhatIAm,

On behalf of Verizon Wireless, please allow me to apologize for the service you received in your visit at the store location. Verizon Wireless has a strong customer commitment to delivering the best from our service and staff. I am disappointed to hear the service you received did not reflect this commitment.

This is definitely not how we do business and I am sorry to hear you've left us. I can definitely submit feedback. What is the location of the store? Please be assured appropriate action will be taken and we will continue providing ongoing training to all of our employees.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
smackberrry

I just bought a new Android Mini last night. Did all the updates, charged it back up and thought I was good to go. I'm having the same problem described here (calls going straight to VM without ringing). Verified it myself with Skype. Was looking at my phone at the time, had three bars the whole time (though the bars are going from 1-3 even though I'm supposed to be in a main coverage area - 80033 zip code). I tried the *228, *73 and making an outgoing call, as advised when reading through this forum. Still no incoming calls. It looks like those are the only answers offered by Verizon on this and numerous forums when you google the topic. Lots of concern, no real solutions. I tried going into live chat and all agents are busy. I'm in the middle of my work day and can't receive calls and don't receive missed call notifications. I doubt this will be resolved by tonight, and I've already spent way more time on forums than I should have to with a Brand New Phone, so it's back to Best Buy tonight to switch out for a different phone / different provider. I had Verizon for years without a problem, so it's disappointing to encounter this - I was wiling to pay more money than I was for "good coverage".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, smackberry. I hope I am not too late here.
Are all call going straight to voicemail for you? Thanks so much for already proceeding with the troubleshooting steps that we have already suggested. Please reply to my direct message so I can get additional details from you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
IAmWhatIAm
Enthusiast - Level 3

The store is:

4125 Dowlen Rd, Beaumont, TX 77706

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IAmWhatIAm,

We thank you for that feedback. I provided the proper feedback for the leadership of that store. Again, we apologize that you did not receive the service that we are known for. We hope that you would reconsider and decide to stay with Verizon Wireless.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

BestHR

I'm experiencing the same problem.  My phone does not ring at all but I'll get a voicemail notification.  I am connected to WiFi and 4G when this happens.  I just tested the phone.  I had my cell phone sitting in front of me, and I called my cell phone (S3) from my desk phone.  I had three rings on my desk phone and then it went to voicemail (I didn't leave a voicemail b/c I know that works), but there wasn't one ring on my cell phone, and it does not show a missed call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BestHR,

This sounds like a big issue! I want to make sure that you are not missing any more important phone calls. What kind of device do you have that is sending your calls to the Voicemail? How long has this been going on? Can you please try dialing *73 and call, you will hear a few beeps and then the call will end. Once that is done please try to call your cell phone number again. Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
anital

im also having the  same problem. it will ring once on the other end then go straight to voicemail but show nothing on my end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anital,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I want to make sure that you are getting all the phone calls and not missing anything important. What kind of device is it that you have? How long have you been having this issue? What zip code do you have this problem in? Please provide me with further details. Looking forward to hearing from you.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport